Human Resources Generalist
The Spencer Turbine Company Windsor, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental
The Spencer Group is actively seeking an experienced professional to fill the role of Human Resources Generalist in our Windsor office. Reporting to the VP of Human Resources, the successful candidate will perform a wide range of HR functions, primarily in the realm of Payroll and associated administration.
- Process bi-weekly union and non-union payroll via ADP Workforce now. Maintain employee data in ADP. Review bi-weekly, quarterly and annual reports for verification of company tax filing and reporting. Troubleshoot any issues with ADP Service.
- Reply to employment verifications, wage and unemployment requests, garnishments, levies, and other general requests.
- Process reports for management to include audit response, compliance, HR metrics and ACA.
- Maintain effective employee relations by facilitating communications with departmental supervisors and employees, ensuring proper HR policies and procedures are communicated and followed.
- Ensure compliance with labor regulations, company policies, and standard procedures.
- Conduct onboarding for all new hires to include pre-employment screenings, background check, payroll set-up, I-9 verification and benefit enrollment.
- Conduct offboarding process to include termination documentation, exit interviews, and COBRA enrollment.
- Administer benefit plans including system set-up for online Open Enrollment, monitor open enrollment process, process employee enrollment changes, and vendor invoice reconciliation. Assist all employees with issues and concerns regarding their benefits package, troubleshoot problems, and serve as interface between employee and vendors. Assist with 401k plan administration.
- Daily administration of PTO policies; FMLA, STD/LTD, and Worker’s Compensation
- Assist with talent acquisition and recruitment process.
- Responsible for daily management of related records maintenance, both physical and digital.
- Assist with the coordination and implementation HR sponsored events.
- Support health, wellness, and safety initiatives as needed.
- Coordinate training and development activities as needed.
- 3+ years’ experience in Human Resources, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- College degree or demonstrated equivalent in experience.
- Strong working knowledge of processing pay for hourly and salaried employees, ADP WorkforceNow experience a plus.
- Payroll Tax experience a plus.
- Team player with ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion establishing and maintaining a good working relationship with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Self-directed, flexible and ability to effectively prioritize.
- Must demonstrate a high level of integrity, confidentiality and commitment.
- The ability to research, analyze and reason logically.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive employee information.
- Good problem-solving skills and time management skills with the ability to provide easily understood solutions.
The Spencer Turbine Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
The Spencer Turbine CompanyWhy Work Here?
As a 100% employee owned company, we invest in our people, which enables us solve our customers’ demanding and diverse challenges
The Spencer Turbine Company is a leading manufacturer of application-specific air and gas handling blower and vacuum systems. At Spencer, we are driven to create innovative solutions that continually exceed expectations. As a 100% employee owned company, we invest in our people, which enables us solve our customers’ demanding and diverse challenges. Our culture and core values are all about empowering our teams, sharing in common goals and direction, and executing. Every team member has the ability to make a difference at The Spencer Turbine Company. We invest continually in R&D and technology, so our products not only outperform industry standards; they exceed our customers’ demanding expectations. Whether building custom engineered products or maintaining products in the aftermarket, we enable our customers to be more efficient, productive, and profitable. We invite you to learn more about The Spencer Turbine Company. The Spencer Turbine Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
600 Day Hill Road Windsor CT. 06095Windsor, CT