The Southwest Council is a private non-profit corporation that provides education, prevention, and treatment services in Cumberland, Gloucester., and Salem County. We are seeking a Drug and Alcohol Prevention Specialist to work full time within our Opioid Services Unit.
- Providing curriculum based programs primarily to older adults, but must be able to provide curriculum to the community, medical professionals, organizations and schools also.
- Plan and supply curriculum for summer camp programs
- Coordinate outreach and family services.
- Will be required to conduct small & large group presentations with various ages including children and adults
- Participate in service development, planning, and implementation.
- Must possess a minimum of a BA/BS from an accredited College / University in education, psychology, social work or a related field
- R.N. or B.S.N. in Gerentology will be considered
- Excellent written and oral skills with strong computer knowledge
- Valid Driver’s license
- Some evenings and weekends required.
Master’s Degree preferred with 2-3 years’ experience working directly in the field of substance abuse.
Salary is $32,000-$50,000 with an excellent healthcare benefits package.
Women, minorities and vets are encouraged to apply. www.southwestcouncil.org