Data Management and Documentation Manager
The Southeast Permanente Medical Group / Kaiser Permanente Atlanta, GA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
The Southeast Permanente Medical Group, (TSPMG)/ Kaiser Permanente is happy to announce an opening for a Data Management & Documentation Manager. The individual in this role will produce, maintain, and act as custodian of data and analytical documentation for the Business Intelligence Group; storing these materials in the documentation repository in Collibra. Also, this person will be responsible for ensuring that the various information/data stakeholders have access to complete, current, and easy-to-use documentation of:
- Data warehouse data models, tables, fields, and processes
- Analytical reports and dashboards
- Business metric definitions
- To this end—complete and current--documentation, the Data Management & Documentation Manager envisions a documentation environment centered around an on-line system such as Collibra
- Creates a variety of top-quality materials such as technical text, infographics, workflow diagrams
- Stores these materials in the documentation repository in Collibra
- Updates documentation continuously to capture and document changes
- Works with business analysts, operational leaders, and data architects to capture new information in order to keep the documentation current
- Assists analysts, operational leaders, and data architects to locate the right documentation/materials
The ideal candidate must have technical knowledge, demonstrate strong communication and writing skills, and ability to effectively interact with business analysts, business partners, and data architects. Most importantly, the ideal candidate must have experience in designing technical documentation frameworks within an online system and possesses a vision of a cutting-edge documentation repository.
The Data Management & Documentation Manager must be motivated, passionate, and thriving in a fast-paced and dynamic culture. They need strong writing skills, the ability to synthesize technical content from subject-matter experts and create materials that clearly explain the topic to end users with diverse backgrounds (some technical and some not at all). They also must be a self-starter motivated by the opportunity to take on a highly important and visible role of the information and documentation designed/custodian.
Minimum Education and/or Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in setting up and working with content/data documentation systems such as Collibra
- 2+ years of experience working as a Documentation Manager, Technical Writer, or in related job role.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex content
- Strong technical aptitude-ability to quickly learn new concepts and tools
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Excellent work ethnic and strong intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and multi-task
- Desire and ability to innovate and improve upon current processes
Preferred Education and/or Qualifications:
- Analytical or data development background is a plus
- Samples of work for review are a plus
The Southeast Permanente Medical Group (TSPMG) is one of Georgia’s largest independent, physician-owned, multi-specialty medical groups. More than 600 physicians and 200 associate practitioners work together in a unique integrated care model to provide high-quality care to over 315,000 Kaiser Permanente members. Care is delivered at 26 medical offices featuring state-of-the-art equipment, labs, imaging services, and pharmacies. We also provide surgical services and around the clock care at some of the area’s top hospitals.
TSPMG offers a competitive salary, a generous retirement package, paid time off, health, dental, vision, and life insurance, long and short-term disability, relocation allowance, and more. We also offer numerous clinical and non-clinical learning opportunities and physician leadership development.
Atlanta, our home for more than 30 years, is a thriving metropolis that blends southern charm with modern art, music and culture. Learn more about our beautiful southern city at www.atlanta.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We maintain a drug and nicotine free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
The Southeast Permanente Medical Group / Kaiser PermanenteWhy Work Here?
Kaiser Permanente GA has the best people, competitive pay, a robust benefits package & a people focused organization!
The Southeast Permanente Medical Group (TSPMG) / Kaiser Permanente is one of Georgia’s largest independent, physician-owned, multi-specialty medical groups.
EducationView all jobs at The Southeast Permanente Medical Group / Kaiser Permanente