The Sill Union, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
The Sill is looking for a full-time Greenhouse Technician to join our growing team! As a Greenhouse Technician, you will ensure our plants arrive and remain in a high quality state until they are fulfilled, ensuring our customers are provided with the best quality experience. As a member of the Greenhouse team, you will assist in all aspects of plant receiving, care, and maintenance, ensuring that we provide our customers the greatest possible experience at the lowest possible cost.
This role is located at our Distribution Center in Union, New Jersey.
This role reports to the Greenhouse Supervisor.
The Greenhouse Technician will work Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm EST. This role will be required to work some weekend shifts during peak seasons.
Areas of Responsibility
- Tend to plant inventory, including watering, pruning, cleaning, and potting, ensuring all product is well taken care of
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of greenhouse, including sweeping, breaking down of cardboard boxes, removing empty trays from racks
- Assist Greenhouse Supervisor with receiving incoming plants, auditing for any plants that arent ready for shipment and/or retail sales
- Follow Integrated Pest Management procedures as implemented by Greenhouse Supervisor
- Track and report inventory shrinkage
- 1+ years of experience in direct plant care and maintenance
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Ability to stand for a full 8 hour shift
- Must be comfortable working in summer heat conditions
- Must have a reliable form of transportation to and from work
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Punctual and communicative should personal scheduling changes arise
- Ability to take initiative; youre a self-starter and are able to seek out the proper guidance needed to complete a task
- Love of The Sill!
- Company contribution to medical and dental
- Company paid short term disability
- Company paid life insurance
- Paid time off
- Company paid parental leave
- Access to vision, 401k, long term disability and discounted gym memberships
- Access to commuter benefits, HSA and other tax advantages
- Company cell phone or stipend provided
About The Sill
Biophilic design for the naturally curious.
At The Sill, we offer new ways to infuse nature into as many everyday rituals as possible through biophilic design, increasing your connectivity to the natural world. In the past year, weve gained a new perspective on the spaces we inhabit: our homes, our offices, our home-offices! Tending and cultivating all these places offers a chance to reflect, restore and transform for the better.
Kick-started in 2017, we are backed by over $15M in institutional venture capital from first-class investors including Brand Foundry Ventures, The Chernin Group, Loft Growth Partners and Raine Ventures.
AgricultureView all jobs at The Sill