The Shot Spot is a family owned and operated full-service veterinary hospital and fleet of mobile wellness units in the North Texas area. The Shot Spot provides pet vaccinations, heartworm testing, preventative medicine, surgical procedures, diagnostics and much more. Yes, we are those people who love animals, and our dedication is to saving lives while combating overpopulation, demonstrating innovation, and providing compassionate care.
Company founded- 2013
Specialties- Affordable Vaccinations, Heartworm Testing/Treatment and Preventative, Spays and Neuters, Soft-tissue surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Diagnostics, and Much More
Full Service Hospital: McKinney, TX
We are hiring highly self-aware, decisive, technically advanced, and performance-driven Veterinary Technicans/Assistants to lead hospitals to success. The Shot Spot is one of the finest veterinary medicine companies to work for in the country. We expect meticulous medical records, strict adherence to safety standards, inspiration of team unity, swift and respectful conflict resolution, and understanding client/patient priorities.
Advanced technology include Digital radiography, Laser therapy, Advanced Ultrasound and Surgery, Abaxis integrated in-house lab equipment, a fully equipped surgical suite, and digital cloud-based record keeping.
Location: Mckinney, TX is a suburb in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area (between Dallas & Sherman) loaded with convenient shopping and dining options.
Our Veterinary Technician is the primary client-facing role as they are interacting with and educating clients from start to finish during an appointment. Your role is to ensure the client has a seamless, positive experience in the hospital, in addition to providing technical assistance. You may have simple tasks such as answering phones and cleaning the hospital, or as complex as providing technical preparation for and assisting with surgery.
Our Veterinary Technicians have an opportunity to gain skills and take on more responsibilities in a hospital, so not all Veterinary Technicians will perform the same duties at any given time; learning curves, skills and roles may be vast at any given time. We foster a culture that requires people to be in a constant state of learning and teaching resulting in both personal and professional growth.
Regardless of skill level, the Veterinary Technician is friendly and flexible when facing varying expectations from clients, co-workers, and veterinarians. Technicians must quickly prioritize, change focus, and respond calmly to emergencies. You are learning a profession that requires you to use both communication and technical skills.
Location: The Shot Spot McKinney
- Diploma or equivalent to 12th grade education
- At least 1-year prior veterinary technician experience
- Strong communicator with dedication to swift conflict resolution
- Patient and willing to both learn and train
- Collaborative and innovative
- Results oriented
- Adherence to standard operating policies and procedures (corporate, state and federal)
- Sensitive to cultural differences and beliefs
- Highly organized
- Makes informed decisions and accountable for actions
- Responsive to staff and clients
- Emotionally agile and able to be flexible, especially in times of growth and change
- Willing to submit to background check and drug screen
- Contributes to a culture of inclusion and acceptance
- Willingness to attend CE opportunities and pursue education leading to LVT
- Ability to perform routine veterinary procedures
- Responsible animal handling skills
- Knowledge of commonly used veterinary terminology and procedures
- Reliable transportation
- Competitive wages
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Workers' Compensation and Liability Insurance
- Basic Term Life and Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental benefit suite
- Strong connections with rescue and shelter organizations
- Professional yet fun environment
- Corporate resources for more efficient hospital operations
- Provides on-the-job training and formal training programs
- Assistance with Continuing Education and Degree programs
- State-of-the Art hospital equipment
- Growing company, so advancement opportunities available
Physical contact with and treatment of small animals may require extended periods of sitting, bending, standing, using hands/arms, looking down, and focus. Must type electronic medical records in electronic technology. May be required to list 40 lbs. and more with assistance. Required to learn and retain medical terms and procedures as well as learn quickly. Technicians may be exposed to unpleasant odors, loud noises, bright lights, animal waste and contagious diseases. Bites, scratches, and fractious animals are also possible in veterinary medicine, so technicians must be able to effectively restrain animals, as well as work to read behavior, to ensure a safe environment.
Compassion fatigue and work stress is possible in veterinary medicine, so we encourage open communication among staff members, and professional assistance if necessary, to guide staff through crisis and/or to maintain emotional wellbeing.
Pet Success Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.