Senior Strategic Leadership Consultant
- Posted: over a month ago
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT: The Seed Company is a Vision 2025 organization committed to Bible translation through national translators in creative partnerships. Seed Company seeks to work where it is evident that God is working and where the uniqueness of its vision makes it most feasible for The Seed Company to be involved.
VISION: God’s Word transforming lives in every language in this generation.
MISSION: To accelerate Scripture translation and impact for people without God’s Word through Great Commission partnerships.
VALUES: Honoring God in all we do, valuing individuals and relationships, partnering effectively, encouraging creativity and innovation, and managing for quality results.
SCOPE: Perform functions to serve designated MOU partner(s), guided by Growth Partners mandate, processes, and within the limits of this Job Description. Provide leadership to a team of consultants serving Bible translation organizations and Church ministries in the development of strategy, leadership, and organizational effectiveness.
GROWTH PARTNERS PURPOSE: To catalyze the flourishing of Great Commission organizations which are inspired and equipped to accelerate Scripture translation and impact.
• Drives excellence, consistency, communication, and innovation within the Strategic Leadership Consultant Team. This team leader will:
o Lead and manage the GP Strategic Leadership Consultant Team providing consulting services in:
Strategic planning and implementation
Executive & leadership coaching and development
o Recruit, develop, grow, and mobilize GP Strategic Leadership Consultants to deliver client services with excellence.
o Negotiate terms of consultant engagements and draw up contracts for professional Strategic Leadership consultant services to serve GP clients.
o Maintain harmonious team/client relations.
o Develop and communicate performance metrics to assess the effectiveness of team members, both as a team and individually.
o Conduct meetings with Lead Consultants and Strategic Leadership Consultant team members to ensure healthy communication and provide guidance and oversight.
• Maintain flexibility to changing business plans and strategies, pursuing continuous improvement of programs, processes, and services to clients within the GP consulting model.
• Develop team operating budget and staffing plans for the Strategic Leadership domain. Manage assigned responsibilities in keeping with budget plan, monitor expenditures against plan, and review, investigate, and report on variances.
• Serve as a Strategic Leadership Consultant with a limited number of GP clients. In this role, the Sr. Domain Consultant will report to the client Lead Consultant and fulfill all responsibilities as a domain consultant.
• Serve on the GP Leadership Team and the Seed Company expanded Field Leadership Team.
• Participate in the client discovery process as assigned, assessing & interpreting client information to help determine compatibility of potential client/partner (established criteria used) and on the strategic need as defined by Seed Company
• Lead Organization Performance Review (OPR) and/or Mid-term Review (MTR) team as assigned, striving towards continuous improvement and simplification.
Provide leadership to and supervision of GP Strategic Leadership consultants (a mix of Seed Company staff and contractors).
Interview, select, recommend, hire, develop, and assign subordinate staff. Provide direction and mentor, develop, and communicate performance metrics to assess the effectiveness of staff, both as a department and individually. Evaluate performance and create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture.
• Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups as directed and maintain required level of knowledge pertaining to operating procedures, requirements, processes, and policies.
• Lead and or participate in projects or task force groups which focus on issues having organization wide impact.
• Perform or assist with any assignments as required or directed.
This job operates in a professional office environment within a highly collaborative, synergistic, high-paced team.
Occasional exertion up to 30 pounds, lifting suitcase during travel.
Domestic and international travel is expected, up to 12 weeks a year.
• Strong faith in Jesus Christ as Savior; God honoring lifestyle.
• Passion for the Word of God and provision of the Word for every people group.
• Championing Seed Company’s vision, mission, and values.
• Advanced degree in business, missiology, or equivalent experience.
• At least 10+ years’ experience in organizational development, cross cultural non-profit field work, international consulting, or equivalent work experience.
• At least 5+ years’ experience in a significant consulting or Bible Translation leadership role.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated and self-directed
• Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
• Experience and proven effectiveness in mentoring others in cross cultural contexts.
• Able to hold a passport or visit necessary countries
The Seed Company
BusinessView all jobs at The Seed Company
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?