Theatrical Audio, Video, Lighting and Electrical Manager
- $25 to $30 Hourly
Position Title: Audio, Video, Lighting, and Electrical Manager
Summary of Position:
The Audio, Video, Lighting, and Electrical Manager works with our Director of Production and Lead Technical Designer to help design, assemble, test, and oversee the integration of A/V and lighting experiences for museums, television, tradeshows, and permanent installations. Work is to be done in our offices and shop space located in Pacoima, CA.
Description of Duties, Including but Not Limited To:
· Work with Technical Design department to incorporate electrical components into the physical elements.
· Research and specify commercially available A/V & lighting equipment to fulfill project requirements.
· Create system design drawings, wiring diagrams, and shop drawings for custom equipment and technology systems using AutoCAD.
· Design custom power/signal cabling – specify connector systems, wire types, etc
· Supervise & instruct shop staff installing audio, video, lighting, and electrical equipment.
· Inspect wiring installations and assemblies – help maintain a high level of workmanship.
· Perform functional testing, configuration/commissioning, and troubleshooting of Audio, Video, Lighting, and Electrical equipment.
· Perform system design, configuration, & addressing of DMX Lighting control systems.
· Program and configure control devices as needed.
· Design cable routing / cable management supports and supervise cabling installations.
· Generate and print cable labels.
· Design and help facilitate assembly of custom lighting fixtures and control enclosures.
· Ability to work long hours when needed. Standard 8-hour shift is 6AM to 2:45PM. (Longer days may be required when we are busy)
· Ability to create detail-oriented design drawings using AutoCad and or Solidworks.
· Methodical electrical design, testing, and troubleshooting capabilities
· Ability to oversee and lead a crew of technicians.
· Good communication and organizational skills
· Attention to detail, Team Player, Results-oriented.
· Ability to work independently
· Ability to safely lift 50 lbs
· Ability to safely work on a ladder
· Understand and practice safe work procedures at all times.
· Have a positive attitude
Candidate Required Experience:
· 4-years of a related theatrical educational program and/or related field work in the industry is required.
· Expert proficiency with DMX Lighting control systems.
· Familiarity with Entertainment scenic lighting systems and components such as LED tape, DMX decoders, DC power supplies.
· Experience with a range of Audio, Video, Lighting and Electrical Components: video displays, projectors, touch screens, speakers, amplifiers, IP cameras, DC power supplies, network switches, etc.
Candidate Preferred Experience:
· Proficiency with show control programming, network design, or media servers.
· Knowledge of UL 508A Panel Work and other Industrial Control / Automation Control Wiring
· Knowledge of National Electric Code (NEC)
· Commercial Low Voltage / AV Installation – CAT6 Cabling, IP Cameras, Access Control Wiring, Rack Builds
Please respond via email with a cover letter and your resume.
The Scenic RouteLos Angeles, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.