Luxury handbag design and development facility seeks a self-motivated and highly organized Product Development Manager with extreme attention to detail and quality, to oversee and manage life cycle of leather handbag and SLG projects, from conception to completion. PD Manager collaborates internally and externally with VP of Engineering & Development, Designers, Product Development teams, Pattern Makers, Floor Supervisor, and Vendors in order to meet project deadlines.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Management of Daily WIP (Workload/Delivery Timelines) and distribution to appropriate partners and team members, updating as necessary and coordinating with PD team.
· Project Management, Allocation and Design Card/Spec Process:
1. Receive incoming Design Cards/Specs; Review for completion and clarity and create tech packs. Distribute to appropriate team members; communicate and update tech packs to reflect any/all changes, as they occur.
2. Allocate projects and lead project hand-off meetings with team
3. Identify missing information, areas requiring further development, and possible project challenges. Communicate and resolve issues with Design and PD, if applicable.
4. Identify and coordinate all raw materials, hardware components, etc. with appropriate partner and/or vendor, communicating timeline to internal and external teams.
5. Communicate supply/deadline issues to Director and Clients
6. Managing project timelines to ensure timely delivery; collaborate with Floor Supervisor, who oversees manufacturing steps and processes.
7. Take initiative to implement, improve and manage strategies to improve workflow and efficiency.
· Photograph samples and mock-ups; recording construction/design details and manage image archives
· Inventory Management: Hardware, Leather, Materials and Trims
· Communications liaison between internal and external teams, clients and vendors.
· Manage Reference Libraries of Techniques and Mock-Ups
· Pattern and Mock-Up Archival & File Sharing
· Sample Follow-Up:
1. Communicating all quality and engineering comments to Design and PD teams to ensure alignment on quality issues/concerns.
2. Implementing sample review process to ensure quality and accuracy of all completed projects, in keeping with design integrity and specifications. Coordinating with Pattern maker to execute necessary pattern edits for sample improvements.
· Staff Management:
1. Staff Announcements, Scheduling and Coordination
2. Collaborate with Office Administrator and Facilities Manager to ensure facility and machinery are in working order at all times.
· Research & Development Management: Quality Improvements, Troubleshooting and Techniques:
1. Partnering with team to implement technique improvements
2. Leather Innovations: Laser Cutting Techniques, 3-D Finishing, Leather Printing, etc. for Design reference
3. Filler Standards and Improvements; Reference for PD/Design
4. Sample Engineering Improvements
5. Cataloging and documenting references across innovations and standards
· 2+ years Project Management experience in tracking multiple projects, simultaneously
· Bachelor’s Degree in Design or related field
· Experience in Creative/Design related Project, Teams and People Management
· Desire to Learn and Understand Leather Accessories Design, Development and Manufacturing Processes
· Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel
· Adobe: Illustrator, Photoshop
· Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
· Analytic and Proactive Approach to Problem Solving
· Attention to Detail and Quality
· Ability to Work Well Under Pressure of Tight Deadlines
· Adaptability to Project Changes and Evolutions
· Self-Starter/Motivator; can work independently as well as collaboratively within a team
· Strong Time Management
· Organizational Skills
· General Understanding of Professional Garment/Handbag Patterns & Construction
· Experience in working with Leather Apparel/Accessories
· Ability to Sketch/Draw (Manually or Digitally)