11145 Front Desk - Part-Time
Front Desk Clerk
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs
in His name without discrimination.
The Receptionist will attend to front desk duties as a receptionist to Tustin Ranch Corps and Orange County Coordination during office hours.
Vocational engagement as an employee of The Salvation Army is a position of sacred trust - representing, nurturing, protecting and advancing the mission and purpose of The Salvation Army; and serving the needs of people in our community with dignity and respect.
Conduct on and off the job must sustain a positive impact on The Salvation Army's religious goals, programs and public image.
As such, all employees are expected to fulfill the following responsibilities within the scope of duties they perform:
1. To know, explain and exemplify the mission, purpose and values of The Salvation Army in Orange County.
2. To understand all dimensions of Salvation Army mission and purpose toward the outcome of awareness, cohesiveness and effective guest services.
3. To create a safe, engaging environment for Salvation Army associates, guests, members, volunteers, partners and vendors.
4. To provide active support of, and participation in all Salvation Army campaigns and initiatives.
5. To develop appropriate relationships and maintain appropriate relationship boundaries with other Salvation Army associates, guests, members, volunteers, partners and vendors.
6. To communicate in an appropriate, professional, responsive and supportive manner.
Effective interpersonal and electronic communication is essential for mission and purpose.
Interpersonal communication for day-to-day operational needs is preferred.
Direct, thoughtful communication for the resolution of questions or conflicts is expected.
Electronic communication - email, texts, etc. - is official communication; and supports and confirms interpersonal communication.
Deference to and public support of group decisions and each other's scope of expertise, position and responsibilities must be maintained.
7. To maintain appropriate confidentiality.
Some agreements, ideas, processes, or other forms of sensitive information are revealed to certain individuals who are in positions of responsibility or are in possession of qualities or skills that make it necessary for them to know such confidential matters.
Such information must be maintained in confidence.
8. To complete annual, advanced training to include, but not limited to: Protecting the Mission, Sexual Harassment, and others as determined.
9. To positively guide and guard all Salvation Army resources - people, program, property and finances - toward the fulfillment of mission and purpose, and within the guidelines established by law, policy and procedure.
1. Ensure the front desk is attended to during work hours Monday through Friday.
2. Ensure all phone calls are received and directed to the appropriate person or department professionally.
3. Assist with opening mail that comes to the Tustin Ranch/O.C.C. office daily with another employee.
4. Promote a professional and welcoming atmosphere to enhance quality of service and care offered.
Perform other assignments/duties as directed.
Ability to walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis. Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and reach overhead. Ability to operate computer, fax and telephone. Ability
to lift up to 25 lbs.
Must be a high school graduate.
2-3 years of administrative aide experience
Valid California driver's license
Attention to detail, quality and professionalism
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
Driving Test and clean MVR check (if applicable).
A criminal background check is required with certification for Protect the Mission policies and procedures.
Must have ability to work with, direct, and relate well with co-workers, community members, and guests/clients.
Ability to prioritize work and multi-task simultaneous projects.
Type 60 wpm.
Must possess good relationship skills.
Abide by Salvation Army Policies and Procedures and have an acceptance of Salvation Army philosophy and mission.
+ Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
+ Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
+ The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41