Reports To: Warehouse Coordinator
Function: The Expeditor will work cooperatively with all warehouse personnel to ensure the safe and expeditious movement of merchandise in and out of the warehouse.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Be present on the dock when trucks leave and arrive at the warehouse to ensure that all goods are loaded and unloaded from the trucks and accounted for according to shipping memo, packed properly to avoid breakage or damage, and sorted correctly into appropriate locations, hampers and bins.
2. Periodically check store returns and dump area for items that may still have value. When an excessive number of items are reclaimed, notify immediate supervisor.
3. Responsible for pricing and proper tagging of all furniture and similar merchandise.
4. Be familiar with layout, capacity, and inventory of each store to ensure proper distribution of merchandise.
5. Keep expediting area clean and in order at all times.
6. Ensure the safe and expeditious movement of merchandise in and out of warehouse in cooperation with other warehouse personnel.
7. Coordinate all shipments with designated supervisor, paying particular attention to special deliveries and inventoried items.
8. Fill store orders on scheduled days including store supplies (i.e. toilet paper, bags, cleaning material, etc.).
9. Do not allow any items to be set aside for any individual.
10. Do not allow any sales to be made from the warehouse or dock area.
11. Do not allow unauthorized personnel in the warehouse or dock area.
12. This position will support the work therapy program component of The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Centers by providing to beneficiaries; an example of professional conduct, work habits, and supervision (as directed by Supervisor).
13. Other duties as may be assigned by immediate supervisor and/or Administrator for Business.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Ability to lift 100 pounds.
3. Ability to identify and assess market value of merchandise.
4. Excellent written communication skills.
5. Excellent organizational skills.
6. Bilingual preferred.