The Salvation Army Adult Rehab Center is accepting qualified candidates for Truck Driver (called Production Assistants).
Truck Drivers will be assigned to do house calls (picking up donations from residences) or to be a box route driver, which entails picking up goods at donation sites, delivering to and picking up goods from stores. The driver will have an assigned helper to assist with loading, unloading and the picking up of donations
Truck Drivers are responsible for the following duties:
- Responsible for loading and unloading of truck assigned and others as requested.
- Provide assistance to Thrift Store personnel when delivering items to ensure the proper placement and location within the store.
- Truck cab and box must be clean and all personal items removed daily.
- Plan daily routing based on pick-ups assigned and make all scheduled and necessary calls.
- Responsible for developing an assigned route, including bagging or carding on sides and across the street of each pick up, as instructed.
- Perform daily walk around inspection of vehicle, checking air, water, oil, and other items to maintain equipment in good operating conditions and report any problems.
- Responsible for the security and safe operation of the vehicle and other assigned equipment.
- Instruct and supervise helper, keeping in mind that the helper is in a rehabilitation program, keeping in mind that good habits are taught by example.
- Customers are to always be treated courteously.
- Donations are accepted or refused according to Salvation Army guidelines.
- Required to maintain a neat appearance, including clean clothing (uniform is provided), clean shaven, neatly trimmed beard, hair trimmed neatly, shirttail tucked in, etc.
- Maintain complete and accurate records.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army
Why Work Here?The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the Universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Join us in "Doing the Most Good". Help us help others.