We are seeking a Class Driver - C to join our team! You will be responsible for safely operating a truck with a capacity of at least 26,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW).
- Plan daily route based on pick-ups assigned.
- Insure that all calls are made as scheduled and that care is taken to insure the security and safe handling of all donated goods and materials.
- Instruct and supervise truck helper, keeping in mind that helper is in a rehabilitation program and that good personal and professional work habits are taught by example, as well as by instruction.
- Responsible for developing assigned route, including bagging on both sides and across the street of each donation pick-up.
- Responsible for the safety and security of the truck and equipment, including securing the hand-truck at the end of the day. Complete Truck Inspection Report daily and report maintenance and safety conditions. Production Assistant - Job Description 2011-01.doc Page 2 of 2
- Promptly report to immediate supervisor all accidents involving truck, personal injury or property damage.
- Act as the representative of The Salvation Army and insure that all customers are treated courteously. Immediately report all problems that occur during donation pick-ups to supervisor, through dispatch.
- Must maintain a neat appearance, including clean clothing, clean-, neatly trimmed beard, hair trimmed neatly, shirttail tucked in and appropriate headgear.
- Responsible for the loading and unloading of assigned truck. Assist in the loading or unloading of other trucks as requested.
- Attend all driver safety meetings.
- Report all infractions of safety procedures to the Transportation Supervisor, including drivers backing up their trucks without the assistance of a back-up guide.
- Must be High School graduate or equivalent.
- Must meet State Department of Motor Vehicles licensing requirements for the operation of 26-foot box trucks
- Must pass driving test and driver safety video series.
- Be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
We look forward to hearing from you!