Must be High School graduate or equivalent.
Must meet State of Department of Motor Vehicles licensing requirements for the operation of trucks of the type used by this Center.
Must pass driving test and driver safety video series.
Be able to communicate effectively.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, clothing carts, merchandise carts, rolling clothing racks, fixtures, furniture dollies, platform trucks and carts, hand trucks and miscellaneous carts.
Ability to operate a wireless phone or radio.
Ability to operate a motor vehicle
Ability to lift up to 100lbs
Ability to perform various repetitive motion tasks
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Plan daily route based on pick-ups assigned.
2. Insure that all calls are made as scheduled and that care is taken to insure the security and safe handling of all donated goods and materials.
3. Instruct and supervise truck helper, keeping in mind that helper is in a rehabilitation program and that good personal and professional work habits are taught by example, as well as by instruction.
4. Responsible for developing assigned route, including bagging on both sides and across the street of each donation pick-up.
5. Responsible for the safety and security of the truck and equipment, including securing the hand-truck at the end of the day. Complete Truck Inspection Report daily and report maintenance and safety conditions.
6. Promptly report to immediate supervisor all accidents involving truck, personal injury or property damage.
7. Act as the representative of The Salvation Army and insure that all customers are treated courteously. Immediately report all problems that occur during donation pick-ups to supervisor, through dispatch.
8. Must maintain a neat appearance, including clean clothing, clean-, neatly trimmed beard, hair trimmed neatly, shirttail tucked in and appropriate headgear.
9. Responsible for the loading and unloading of assigned truck. Assist in the loading or unloading of other trucks as requested.
10. Attend all driver safety meetings.
11. Report all infractions of safety procedures to the Transportation Supervisor, including drivers backing up their trucks without the assistance of a back-up guide.
No truck is to be off its assigned route without the specific permission of the Transportation Supervisor or Dispatch.
Each truck is to proceed to its assigned route by the shortest, most direct way.
No Driver is ever permitted to stop at his home.
No truck may be parked for any reason without first notifying the Dispatcher.
+ Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
+ Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
+ The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41