Assistant Divisional Finance Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
- $56,000 Yearly
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, dental,
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY ON OUR WEBSITE: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/SAL1002/JobBoard/bcc2e2d1-d94c-2041-4126-28086417eb0a/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=b449b01e-dd69-488c-9371-6219972d961d
This position is eligible for, but not limited to, medical, vision, dental, life and disability benefits in addition to varying time offs.
Scope of Position/Essential Functions: Responsible for maintaining a systematic set of GAAP compliant accounting records and monthly financial statements, analysis of financial results, coordination of the annual and revised budgeting process, advising the Divisional Finance Director and Divisional Finance Manager on financial matters, providing guidance to other Finance Department employees, and being a consultant to the Field Officers and staff in financial matters. Also responsible for the analysis, oversight and successful audit of gift in kind activity, maintaining the fixed asset and depreciation schedule for the Division, overseeing the accounting for the IM Divisional Vehicle Lease Program, and the timely and accurate invoicing and accounting for all Denver Metro social service operations.
Education and Work Experience: Required: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration from an accredited university, and a minimum of 5 years of computerized accounting experience. Preferred: MBA, CMA or CPA, and continuing professional education in Non-profit Finance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Professional understanding of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and FASB Standards pertinent to The Salvation Army.
- Computer proficiency in the Shelby Accounting Software, the Vivid Reporting software, the Portfolio Donor Management software, and the Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- The ability to operate 10-key touch and other standard office equipment in an efficient manner is necessary.
- The ability to address multiple projects in a time sensitive manner is essential.
- The ability to present oneself in a professional manner and maintain confidentiality.
- The ability to interact with Officers, management and co-workers in a positive manner.
- Preparation of receivable invoices for specific METRO contracts in a timely and accurate manner with follow up on outstanding receivables. Invoicing would include, but not limited to, County, City, State and Federal agencies
- Responsible for coordinating the annual budget process and the potential revision of budgets and staffing tables when necessary, as assigned by the Divisional Financial Manager.
- Responsible for verification that all employees are in the correct funds and departments as well as any allocated percentages as approved thru CFC and is in agreement to the budgeted staffing table before every payroll.
- Responsible for the processing of payroll and other payroll duties in the absence of the Senior Payroll Specialist which includes but are not limited to.
- UltiPro Timekeeping: Manage supervisor access, update system for the next payroll, verify time for reasonableness and has been approved by supervisor.
- Reviewing employee changes and adjustments made by Human Resources (i.e., Aflac, Health & Dental, Flex, and other insurances
- Process/review/update employee records for any deductions submitted by a 3rd party such as child support, garnishments, etc. that are court ordered.
- Provide timely communication with HR, Corps, Employees, THQ, Corps officers.
- Preparation and analysis of the monthly financial reports for the Command Finance Council, as well as preparation and analysis of the monthly financial Denver Metro Finance Committee reports, if the Divisional Finance Director and the Divisional Financial Manger is not available.
- Responsible for maintaining Fixed Asset and Depreciation Schedule. Record depreciation in Shelby on a monthly basis. Make adjustments to Shelby/Deprecation Schedule as needed if the Divisional Financial Manger is not available.
- Maintain a schedule for and oversee the accounting for the IM Divisional Vehicle Lease Program Divisional Financial Manger is not available.
- Responsible for recording payroll vacation accruals in the accounting systems. if the Divisional Financial Manger is not available.
- Responsible for preparation of materials requested in connection with Audits conducted by independent outside auditors as well as Salvation Army internal auditors.
- Research and adjust incorrect entries in the GL for Corps and Units in the Division.
- Provide financial information, as required, to Grant Writers in the preparation of grants.
- Produce Portfolio reports detailing Individual, Foundation, Corporate and other contributions that reconcile to the accounting system reports for Corps and Units outside of Denver Metro.
- Preparation and maintenance of Vivid reports.
- General oversight of accounting matters relating to the Colorado Child Care Tax Credit and after school programs in Colorado, as well as Enterprise Zone Tax Credit and related programs in the absence of the Divisional Financial Manager
- Special Projects as assigned.
The Salvation Army
1370 Pennsylvania STDenver, CO
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at The Salvation Army