Help us with our Mission of "Doing the Most Good." The Salvation Army Gateway Citadel located in South County St. Louis, is looking for a part-time, 10 hours per week, Nursery Worker.
The schedule will be:
The starting pay for this position is $9.45 an hour.
This position provides direct care for preschool age children and implements nursery programming, operation and volunteers. Position is expected to comply with and meet The Salvation Army, Federal, State and Local policies and standards.
1. Supervise children during all activities. Maintain an orderly, structured, safe and clean environment for children. When necessary, mediate disputes among participants, being sensitive to needs of all parties.
2. Provide oversight of volunteers performing nursery duties.
3. Implement programs for children in the nursery including weekly curriculum, structured entertainment and food needs.
4. Exhibit model Christian behavior. Encourage consistent, warm and supportive relationships with children.
5. Meet with supervisor weekly to review nursery operation.
6. Lead Christian curriculum for children on Sundays.
7. Respond and interact with parents of children using the nursery.
Full Job Description available at time of interview.
1. Previous work with youth activities desirable.
2. Must maintain and exhibit willingness to assist in carrying out The Salvation Army mission.
3. Good communication skills, able to read and write well. Requires basic verbal communications with children, adults and other employees.
4. Valid drivers’ license and pass TSA MVR is a plus.
5. Must be certified in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid.
6. Capable of lifting a 40 pound child.
7. Must be a team player, a self-starter and perform well with minimum supervision.
The Salvation Army Central Territory does not participate in unemployment compensation programs. The Salvation Army, as a church, is exempt from participation in federal and state unemployment insurance programs.
To apply, visit: careers-uscsalvationarmy.icims.com