The Salvation Army Mission: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Summary/Primary Purpose: Provides administrative support for the Disaster Services (EDS) / Service Extension Departments and the VAVS program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers phones, takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions.
- Assist EDS/Service Extension Director with Disaster Services, Service Extension and VA scheduling, reporting and other projects to include budget related items as requested.
- Must work in cooperation with other department team members and utilize Better Impact database with Volunteer Department.
- Data entry, word processing, scanning, faxing
- Provide intake and assist in the recovery process for Metro area clients of disaster.
- Greet visitors and manage donation receipts when requested.
- Provides administrative support to Service Extension offices locally and throughout the Division
- Assist with special programs as directed and assist with managing volunteers for events.
- Driving is an essential role of the position.
- All other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) required, with 6 months-related experience.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the minimal knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position.
- Ability to be flexible and able to work on multiple projects or tasks simultaneously
- Intermediate Microsoft Word and Excel skills, and the ability to access payroll, timekeeping and personal data via a web-based system.
- Administrative skills to include utilization of standard office equipment, data entry, 10-key, attention to details and filing.
- Good communication skills both written and spoken, and ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential matters
Other Qualifications: Must pass all applicable background checks. Must possess a valid driver's license from the state in which you reside. Must be approved through The Salvation Army Fleet Safety Program to drive either a Salvation Army or personal vehicle on Salvation Army business.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must successfully complete Safe from Harm training within 90 days of hire, as established by The Salvation Army.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical requirements include: good speaking, hearing and vision ability and excellent manual dexterity. Ability to stand, bend and reach for extended periods of time, dexterity of hands and fingers to operate cleaning equipment. This position will required the ability to lift and/or move more than 25 pounds occasionally.
Working Conditions: The work environment is a business office setting with office equipment, light traffic and moderate noise levels.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.