Intake & Assessment Specialist
The Salvation Army Silicon Valley San Jose, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $20 to $21 Hourly
- Benefits: vision, dental, life insurance, medical
Please apply online at:
The Salvation Army Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love for God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
OVERVIEW: The Intake and Assessment Specialist will screen at-risk individuals and families. The screening tool used will be the PR-VI-SPIDAT. This position will be familiar with community referral resources. This position will work closely with the Housing Coordinator to process rental applications and the Case Managers to ensure clients are connected to needed resources and support to achieve housing and financial stability.
· Manage daily flow of clients needing to be screened for rental assistance at 4th St. Main Office, Santa Clara Corps, Morgan Hill and other community locations
· Maintain accurate, updated, confidential client files.
· Provide referrals to secure necessary services and support for clients. i.e. medical, Li-HEAP, job training, housing, the Law Foundation, etc.
· Provide internal referrals to connect clients with food, meal, and seasonal assistance.
· Helps client prepare household budget.
· Establish and maintain relationships with other community agencies.
· Maintain accurate client records in TSA client software and in the HMIS system as appropriate.
· Participate in a team effort and support each other in meeting the needs of the community.
· Attend all required staff and department meetings and training's.
· Attend meetings and training's in the community as required.
· Assist with the operations of the Family Service Department and facilitate the specific program elements.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Must have a high school diploma or equivalency.
· 2 years of related experience; some education or coursework related to the Helping Professions preferred.
· Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
· Administrative skills including, but not limited to: computer literate in Microsoft Office, filing, phone and email, use of office machines, record keeping and data entry.
· Experience with the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) database.
· Experience working with persons from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds who are homeless and economically disadvantaged.
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
· Compassion and empathy working with clients.
· Leadership qualities including self-discipline, initiative and a responsible attitude toward clients and other staff members.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills.
· Problem solving skills and the ability to multi-task.
· Sense of energy and willingness to be flexible and enthusiastic during each day.
· Ability to maintain good rapport and communication with staff members in other agencies.
Excellent benefits to include medical/dental, vacation, sick leave, STD, Life Insurance, Retirement (Defined Contribution Plan) and much more!
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/People with Disabilities.
The Salvation Army Silicon ValleyWhy Work Here?
One of the largest and most trusted charities in the world. Great Mission. Compassionate employees. FTE full medical & dental benefits.