Sr. Product Marketing Manager (Safety/PPE)
The Safety Zone,LLC Guilford, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Senior Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for the Go-To-Market strategies and Product line for a segment of the Safety Zone product line. This dynamic individual will be responsible for creating business and product strategies and driving the team to deliver innovative new products to drive growth for the company.
Supply Source Enterprises is a global manufacturer and distributor of branded and private label PPE, commercial cleaning, maintenance, and safety products. The company caters to end markets of JanSan, foodservice, industrial/safety, office products and other resellers.
This role will be in located in Guilford, CT.
This role may require some travel based on business needs.
Here are some of the main job duties in this role:
- Develop business cases and Go-to-Market strategies for new products.
- Own the P&L for a segment of the Safety Zone product category to deliver profitable products to the company.
- Figure out “Where to Play” and “How to Win” in the market with new products.
- Help to build a product roadmap and a product strategy that will increase market share and drive profitable growth to SSE.
- Manage the product line-up for a segment of the Safety Zone category; manage pricing, product features, product mix, product design, market positioning, etc.
- Lead product development timelines and use available resources to complete product design, product graphics, product packaging and product messaging.
- Create business cases and project briefs for new product innovations and product changes.
- Lead market research activities including competitive research, category research, consumer research, and customer research.
- Create training documents and selling sheets to the sales teams to effectively launch new products.
- Provide direction to the sourcing and R&D teams to drive new product development to meet product and business objectives.
Here are some of the expectations we would require of you:
Qualifications/Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 8 years of product management for hardgoods or consumer products.
- Experience with bringing new products to market in the consumer products or hardgoods categories (MRO/Cleaning, Safety/PPE and Foodservice/Food processing a plus)
- Strong marketing, business and financial experiences and knowledge.
- Strong experience with conducting consumer research to identify consumer insights for developing new products.
- Strong experience with conducting competitive and product research to identify product needs to drive new product innovations.
- Strong communication, partnership, and analytical skills are required.
- Some knowledge of Hardgoods manufacturing, sourcing a plus.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and leadership skills.
- Creative thinker that understands effective product innovation, product claims, product messaging and product pricing.
- Entrepreneurial instincts – You are a high performer and self-starter.
- Project management and leadership skills with an ability to collaborate with cross functional departments such as R&D, Sourcing, Sales, and Quality.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be a positive, energetic team player, and an advocate for product excellence.
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel and Power Point. Will be required to type reports and enter data into a desktop computer.
- Excellent verbal / written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to interface with internal and external contacts at all levels. Ability to clearly communicate technical and non-technical information via verbal presentations and in writing.
- Excellent organizational, prioritizing and follow up skills.
- Ability to think and act independently and make sound decisions.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required sit and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust or focus.
Why Should You Apply?
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K.
- Exciting and progressive work environment!
Supply Source Enterprises Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. The company ensures that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Safety Zone,LLC
BusinessView all jobs at The Safety Zone,LLC