WE ARE LOOKING FOR A MECHANICAL DESIGNER/ESTIMATOR TO RELOCATE TO THE SAVANNAH/STATESBORO, GA AREA! Get out of the cold and find out what the Low Country is all about. :)
About the Position:
Hiring for a Senior Mechanical Estimator, with the desire and experience to advance to Executive Management within the mechanical sub trade, this firm is grooming for leadership to include operations management and business development. Position is within the Savannah/Coastal Georgia area office.
Applicants must have at least 10 years of mechanical subcontracting experience as estimator in similar facility construction hard bid estimating and design build/conceptual cost estimating and must possess an excellent working knowledge of labor requirements for installations.
Applicants must provide a project portfolio to showcase their representative projects in the $1 million to $10 million range.
Applicants must have a 4-year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience with Mechanical (Wet side and Dry side), BMS Controls and Duct work. Understanding of AutoCad or Revit design software is a plus.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· The ability to connect and interact in concert with potential customers.
· Able to effectively and confidently communicate with Management and Clients.
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Demonstrated and proven goals orientated skills.
Role and Responsibilities
The job duties and responsibilities of this position will include, but are not limited to the following:
· A dual background of Operations Management & Estimating skills, including extensive abilities to participate in Design Development/Design Assist arena with General Contractors, Owners, Engineers and Architects as it pertains to the mechanical contracting and design industry.
· Innate abilities to advise clients on over-all constructability in terms of relations between construction and the design concept.
· Strong estimating skills to develop early budgets and maintain accuracy through-out development of project design in pursuit of final budget goals.
· Establish and maintain relationships with General Contractors, Owners and Specialty clients with complete follow-through of client needs.
· Work in parallel with company Business Development Manager to develop business leads and continue the process to development project leads and follow-up.
· Provide market feedback to company management and leadership.
· Pursue opportunities to develop concepts to support clients’ needs and follow through to GMP and final design as a Team effort with GC, Engineers and Architects.
· Respond to client requests for proposals (RFP’s)
· Collaborate with company leadership to secure, retain, grow company business, including sales, goals, and forecasting of company short and long-term business development
· Lead presentations as required for project develop as required by the Design Development/Design Assist Team.
· Create and present informative presentations to potential clients.
· Some project management will be required as work load fluctuates, thus strong project management and organizational skills are a requirement of this position.
Salary and benefits are negotiable and commensurate with applicable experience
The Sack Company
Why Work Here?A large mechanical, electrical, plumbing, millwright & rigging construction contractor in the Coastal Georgia and South Carolina market. Project portfolio includes large new construction and renovations in the $1 million to $10 million range for mechanical packages in hospitality, sports venues, correctional facilities, educational facilities and light industrial facilities. Open since 1945, the company has earned a position of recognition in the construction industry as one of the most competent firms in Mechanical Contracting in the regions it does business.
5 paid holidays, vacation increases by tenure with company, 401K plus match, health insurance, $25k life Insurance paid for by the company