SKY Academy Principal - Venice Middle School
The SKY Family YMCA Venice, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The SKY Academy Principal provides visionary leadership necessary to administer a comprehensive program of instructional and support services to establish and maintain a safe, caring and enriching environment to promote student success.
- Develop, implement and assess the academic program leading to student success
- Develop and implement an annual School Improvement Plan.
- Coordinate program planning with District staff
- Interview and select qualified employees to be recommended for employment.
- Monitor and conduct personnel evaluations and take appropriate action.
- Develop an annual assessment for in-service needs leading to faculty improvement.
- Provide leadership and vision to the School Improvement Process and changes leading to improvement.
- Develop a positive teaching / learning environment leading to teacher and student success.
- Develop and implement a safe and orderly school plan.
- Develop and implement a successful discipline plan promoting a safe teaching / learning environment.
- Promote a positive school image through appropriate communication and community involvement.
- Develop high expectations for teachers and students and promote this vision to the community.
- Develop and maintain the school budget by involving appropriate input and by meeting local, state and YMCA guidelines.
- Establish a role model conducive to hard work, caring and consistency for the entire staff.
- Utilize managerial skills to design and organize activities to achieve goals.
- Oversee the development of the extracurricular activities program and maintain an up-to-date activities calendar.
- Facilitate the resolution of problems and tasks through problem-solving techniques.
- Utilize critical thinking skills in analyzing data and reaching conclusions.
- Possess an ability to anticipate problems and to react to them prior to conclusion.
- Direct the development of the master schedule.
- Manage and assign the administration of the school testing program.
- Establish job assignments for administrators, teachers and support staff personnel.
- Assist in developing short- and long-range facility needs.
- Coordinate the completion of school safety and facility inspections.
- Coordinate the school transportation services as required.
- Establish procedures for student accounting and attendance procedures.
- Establish procedures for property inventory records.
- Establish a program leading to the secure closure of the school and proper school opening each day.
- Supervise the preparation of accurate and timely reports and records.
- Assume responsibility for all official correspondence and news releases.
- Manage the ordering of textbooks, materials and equipment.
- Maintain visibility and accessibility on the school campus.
- Assume responsibility for all student suspensions and expulsions in accordance with School Board policies and state law.
- Participate in District management meetings and other meetings appropriate for professional development.
- Maintain a close working relationship with District and YMCA Leadership staff.
- Develop and monitor an articulation program with feeder schools and community agencies.
- Perform other incidental tasks consistent with the goals and objectives of this position.
- Every SKY Academy employee has emergency response responsibilities, though not every position will require routine assignments during an emergency event. All employees are subject to recall around the clock for emergency response operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the normal work location, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official job description. Assignments in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature, with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically and operationally challenging conditions.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited educational institution.
- Florida certificate in Administration and Supervision or Educational Leadership.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in education.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience as a school administrator.
- Ability to prepare and manage the school’s budget and allocated resources.
- Ability to read, interpret and enforce State Board of Education rules, Code of Conduct, School Board policies and appropriate state and federal statutes.
- Ability to implement and enforce the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Skills in personnel management and supervision.
- Knowledge of current educational trends and research.
- Ability to use public speaking skills, group dynamics and problem-solving skills.
- Infant/child CPR & First Aid
- Annual completion of YMCA Blood Borne Pathogens training
- Annual completion of YMCA Child Sexual Abuse Prevention class
- Successfully complete DCF background screening requirements as well as meet the association policies on background screening.
- Additional training classes as recommended by supervisor.
Powered by JazzHR
The SKY Family YMCA
EducationView all jobs at The SKY Family YMCA