Middle School Math Teacher - SKY Academy Englewood
The SKY Family YMCA Englewood, FL
- Posted: May 10, 2021
Middle School Teacher-Math 2021/2022 School Year
Reports to SKY Academy Principal Status Full Time - Exempt
The SKY Academy Teacher is expected to understand and demonstrate the use of the school's curriculum, student instruction and assessment to maximize educational achievement for all students; work collaboratively to ensure a working and learning climate for all students that is safe, secure and respectful. Implementing strategies to reach the multiple intelligences of students through creative lessons is required.
- Understands central concepts, tools of inquiry, and structure of the discipline(s) taught and makes the subject matter meaningful to students.
- Develops a climate and culture of openness, fairness, mutual respect, support and inquiry.
- Engages every student in grade level appropriate learning experiences that promote performance.
- Listens and interacts effectively with students, parents, colleagues, and community members, respecting diverse perspectives.
- Demonstrates respect for students, colleagues, administrators, and parents.
- Models and reinforces self-discipline and responsibility.
- Works effectively with school colleagues, parents, and the community to support students' learning and well-being.
- Provides professional leadership to establish a culture conducive to learning and student diversity, involves students in the development of a mission and goals that support the school's goals and guide classroom decisions, and uses data for continual improvement.
- Develops and implements a strategic planning system including course, unit and lesson plans.
- Provides opportunities for students to demonstrate appropriate progress toward graduation expectations: knowledgeable, lifelong learner; responsible individual; effective communicator; problem solver; collaborative team worker, and self-directed learner.
- Provides students and parents with timely data for improvement in student achievement.
- Uses formal and informal assessment strategies to determine whether students have achieved high standards and modifies instructional strategies as needed to maximize achievement.
- Understands how students learn and provides learning opportunities that support intellectual, social, and personal development of diverse learners.
- Establishes and maintains a safe and secure classroom environment.
- Manages student misconduct promptly and resolves conflict and crises effectively.
- Promotes independent and collaborative work ethic.
- Develops and manages human resources within the classroom by maintaining a professional development plan and engaging in professional development activities, recognizing students and parents for contributions to goal achievement.
- Uses teaching and learning strategies that reflect each student's culture, learning styles, special needs, and socioeconomic background.
- Seeks resources necessary to achieve classroom and school goals, such as; course materials that match the reading level of students.
- Uses classroom processes that support effective teaching and learning to promote high student achievement, designing lessons to promote all students engaged in learning all the time through such strategies as active learning, hands-on application, and teacher-student and student-student conversations about the learning.
- Uses appropriate technology in teaching and learning processes.
- Demonstrates positive classroom results and trends.
- Performs other related duties as required
- Bachelor's Degree from a fully accredited educational institution.
- Possession of, or eligibility for, a Florida teaching certificate for the level and subject area to be taught.
- Preferred FL certifications are the Elementary Education and/or the Middle Grades Integrated Curriculum (grades 5-9) licenses.
- Valid Florida Driver License.
CERTIFICATIONS AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- CPR and First Aid Certifications required
- Annual Completion of YMCA Blood Borne Pathogens Training
- Annual Completion of YMCA Child Sexual Abuse Prevention class
- Successfully complete State of Florida Criminal History Background Check requirements as well as meet the Association and Sarasota County School Board's policies on background screening
- Additional training classes as recommended by Supervisor
The SKY Family YMCA
EducationView all jobs at The SKY Family YMCA