Kitchen/Housekeeping Staff - Venice Preschool
The SKY Family YMCA Venice, FL
- Posted: October 27, 2020
POSITION SUMMARY: This is a hybrid full-time position. Hours of operation for this role are 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM. As the Kitchen staff, he/she shall serve and prepare foods items on the menu and perform kitchen activities including dish washing, general cleaning duties and storing food and non-food supplies. As the Housekeeper, he/she shall keep the facility, equipment and surfaces clean and disinfected to aid in preventing the spread of germs. Performs special cleaning projects as well as daily cleaning duties in accordance with standard procedures and objectives. Uses cleaning equipment, including electrostatic sprayers, automatic floor machines, commercial vacuums, wet mops, and other necessary equipment, tools, chemicals and supplies. Disinfects of all high traffic areas and equipment.
- Perform general clean-up of all areas of the building as directed.
- Gather and empty trash and recycling from kitchen. May include transporting trash from collection points to pick-up areas.
- Complete non-routine cleaning according to specified job orders, handle emergency cleaning and upkeep requests.
- Reports repairs and replacements needed when encountered on job.
- Mix and dispose of all cleaning solutions appropriately.
- Follow all health and safety regulations.
- Ensure safe and sanitary storage and care of products.
- Sweep, mop, scrub, and/or vacuum floors.
- Clean toilets, urinals, hand basins, sinks, baths, showers and drinking fountains, and wipe surfaces when needed
- Replenish consumables such as soap, paper towels, toilet paper, etc.
- Empty trash and sanitary bins.
- Mop and scrub floors.
- Responsible for upholding all staff safety requirements including cleaning protocols throughout the day, as required by my department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Follow standard recipes to prepare food items on the menu.
- Plan for food needs for following day and assemble products as needed.
- Operate food service equipment in accordance with appropriate procedures.
- Report daily food amounts utilized on Food Production Records
- Assist with record keeping, storage, and inventory tasks.
- Inspect and assist with proper storage of food supplies.
- Maintain positive relationships with staff and members.
- Demonstrate initiative in the performance of assigned responsibilities.
- Wash dishes and pots.
- Distribute and store clean pots, dishes and utensils.
- Clean and sanitize production equipment, work surfaces and kitchen according to cleaning schedules and procedures.
- Empty trash containers as required.
- Maintain assigned work station in a safe and sanitary condition.
- Handle food in a manner that is consistent with local health department guidelines.
- Follow proper food handling techniques and coordinates the use of time, material and equipment to avoid waste and unnecessary expense.
- Maintain acceptable standards of personal hygiene.
- Comply with department’s dress code.
- Follow safety regulations, reporting injuries or any unsafe conditions and work practices to the supervisor.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- One year custodial or related work experience
- Must be able to use mechanical equipment, such as carpet cleaner, vacuum, tools etc.
- Must be able to use various chemicals and cleaning agents.
- Previous kitchen experience preferred of at least 3 months
- Able to operate general kitchen appliances and have knowledge of food preparation.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Fundamental understanding of sanitation, cleanliness and personal hygiene.
- Regular, predictable, and dependable attendance.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to communicate (verbal and written) effectively and appropriately with others.
- Must be able to read and follow detailed written and verbal instructions.
- Successfully complete DCF background screening requirements as well as meet the association policies on background screening.
CERTIFICATIONS AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Infant/child CPR & First Aid
- Annual completion of YMCA Blood Borne Pathogens training
- Annual completion of YMCA Child Sexual Abuse Prevention class
- Staff Safety Requirements/Cleaning Protocols
- Additional training classes as recommended
Powered by JazzHR