- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The SA Foundation Canada (www.safoundation.com) is a Christian organization that provides long-term recovery programs to women that have been sexually exploited and trafficked, on an international basis. We are looking for a Development Director to join our growing team in Vancouver (or lower mainland), as the demand for our program increases each year.
Our approach to fundraising is relational, grounded in social justice, and responsive to community need. The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial and has connections to the larger business community in Greater Vancouver Region, to join our fund development team and expand our support base. They are gifted at strategic planning and creating new inroads into the business community. They are skilled at managing data, digital fundraising, and communicating with donors, the public and the existing team. This role is integral to our fundraising, stewardship, and growth. Bring your creativity and systems thinking to our team.
Eligible candidates will have:
- A passion for social justice
- Commitment to the vision, mission and values of our organization
- Ability to learn and assimilate information quickly
- Understanding of developing and executing strategic plans
- Effective communication skills. Ability to present to various audiences
- An understanding of the local philanthropy environment, and fundraising cycles
- Attention to detail and strong project management skills
- Well-developed writing skills adaptable to different audiences, with a demonstrated ability to succinctly communicate useful and relevant information to internal and external constituents
- Strong abilities to problem solve and to take a calm and thoughtful approach to work
- Demonstrated judgement and discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
- Proven ability to exercise diplomacy and good judgement
- Willing to embrace cultural differences and sensitivities
EDUCATION + EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years’ experience, ideally in a similar role in a not-for-profit
- Demonstrated success in procuring and soliciting grants and proposal within public, academic and private sectors
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including: excellent grammar, spelling, proofreading and composition skills; demonstrated experience with proposal and grant writing (grantsmanship); demonstrated ability to write clear, well structured, articulate and persuasive proposals; demonstrated ability and experience in prospect research techniques
- Demonstrated public speaking experience and skill
- Ability to understand and interpret budgets and financial reports
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships
- Understanding of the fundraising cycle and experience in donor relations and accountability a definite asset
Candidate will collaborate with the Directors, Communications Department and other staff to research, identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward potential donors and sponsors. They will participate in community events, networking opportunities, or other engagement activities. They will also perform publication-level writing for funding applications, corporations, and individuals, stewardship materials and impact reports.
HOURS, WORKPLACE AND COMPENSATION:
This role is based in the Greater Vancouver Region Lower. Our team is participating in hybrid in-office and remote work and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. We value in-person collaboration opportunities and also support all employees in creating remote work schedules that work best for them and the organization. Therefore, you must be able to successfully and comfortably manage time, tasks, and work functions via remote work. However, a central office is available for meetings, printing needs, etc.
The hours of the position are flexible and the position will be evaluated based on outcomes.
The SA Foundation CanadaWhy Work Here?
Passion-driven staff, internationally sought after NGO, great work environment with a lot of room for personal and professional growth,
Non ProfitView all jobs at The SA Foundation Canada