- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location: Blue Ridge Summit, PA
Rowman & Littlefield is looking for Maintenance Workers to perform routine and preventative maintenance at our NBN Books Distribution Center in Blue Ridge Summit, PA. Qualified candidates can work independently, are detail-oriented, and possess critical thinking skills, using logic and reasoning to troubleshoot, recognize or anticipate issues as they arise.
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on a conveyor system.
- Assembles installs, and repairs warehouse racking systems and equipment.
- Installs and repairs facility electrical systems and equipment.
- Performs general facility repairs including mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, and electrical.
- Assists contract employees with major projects.
- Maintains maintenance logs on all equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance and repairs for Order Pickers, Reach Trucks, and Rolling Equipment.
- Monitors all facilities and equipment for safe operation.
Operate snowplow and other equipment to maintain parking areas and sidewalks in winter.
- On-call for weekend shifts or after normal weekday work hours (after 5:00 pm) for maintenance emergencies as assigned by the Maintenace Supervisor.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
- High School-GED or technical school graduate preferred; OR 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in:
- Conveyor preventive maintenance.
- Electrical wiring and schematics.
- Conveyor controls Input/Output.
- Fire pump room mechanical operation.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The following summary is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About Our Company
An independent publisher with an outstanding reputation, Rowman & Littlefield publishes innovative, high-quality college texts, provocative and timely titles for general readers, and professional and scholarly books throughout the humanities and social sciences. The company is headquartered in Lanham, Maryland, and has offices in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania.
Rowman & Littlefield
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Rowman & Littlefield is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please refer to www.rowman.com/Page/HR for Rowman & Littlefield’s Equal Employment Opportunity-Affirmative Action Policy Statement, as well as additional information relating to equal employment opportunity.
Monday-Friday, 1st Shift 7 am-3:30 pm
Monday-Friday, 2nd Shift 3 pm-11 pm
On-Call after hours and for emergencies
Full-time / 40 hours per week.
The Rowman and Littlefield Publishing Group
AddressBlue Ridge Summit, PA
Real EstateView all jobs at The Rowman and Littlefield Publishing Group