Assistant Digital Publishing Rep-Non Exempt
The Rowman and Littlefield Publishing Group Lanham, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Assistant Digital Publishing Representative
Rowman & Littlefield seeks a detail-oriented, fast-learning candidate for our entry-level Assistant Digital Publishing Representative position. This representative will report to the assistant manager of electronic publishing in preparing and distributing e-books for hundreds of new titles annually; interfacing with e-book vendors such as Amazon, Apple, Barnes & Noble, and Google; trouble-shooting and problem-solving when e-books fail to appear for sale or function properly; as well as regular auditing and reporting on the status of currently published ebooks. This position is located at the company’s Lanham, Maryland headquarters.
Assist client publishers by working with e-book vendors to manage the preparation of publication-ready e-books from print materials; prepare title-level metadata; as well as advise and educate clients regarding e-publishing best practices
- Work with outside vendors and/or internal production team to create e-book files for backlist titles, new title acquisitions, and special-case front-list titles
- Coordinate the distribution of e-books and metadata, both direct to vendors and via the company’s digital asset management system
- Coordinate with all major e-book vendors to maintain file integrity and address issues when e-books fail to meet vendor standards and/or do not make it through the distribution process successfully
- Regular administrative work, including processing invoices, monthly reporting, and frequent audits of live titles
- Light e-book file manipulation and editing
- Bachelor’s degree in English, library/information science, or a related field preferred
- Must be able to learn quickly on the job, juggle multiple vendors, priorities, and deadlines, as well as demonstrate excellent time-management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and human relation skills
- Command of Excel, reporting, and database usage a plus
- Knowledge of HTML, XML, CSS, and/or InDesign a plus
About Our Company
An independent publisher with an outstanding reputation, Rowman & Littlefield publishes innovative, high-quality college texts, provocative and timely titles for general readers, and professional and scholarly books throughout the humanities and social sciences. The company is headquartered in Lanham, Maryland and has offices in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania.
Rowman & Littlefield
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Rowman & Littlefield is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please refer to www.rowman.com/Page/HR for Rowman & Littlefield’s Equal Employment Opportunity–Affirmative Action Policy Statement, as well as additional information relating to equal employment opportunity.
The Rowman and Littlefield Publishing Group
BusinessView all jobs at The Rowman and Littlefield Publishing Group