Assistant Acquisitions Editor - Non Exempt
The Rowman and Littlefield Publishing Group Lanham, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Rowman & Littlefield is seeking an entry-level Assistant Acquisitions Editor to work closely with more senior Acquisitions Editors to assist in the acquisition of upper-level undergraduate and graduate-level supplemental texts, textbooks, as well as professional, reference, and scholarly titles in various fields. This position is based in our headquarters in Lanham, MD.
- Track proposal and manuscript submissions
- Correspond with authors
- Draft contract packages
- Secure peer review and endorsements
- Update information in our project database
- Review manuscripts for permissions and formatting issues
- Prepare manuscripts for production
- Serve as liaison between authors and other departments
- Create and edit book descriptions and flyers
- Attend conferences on occasion
- B.A. in the social sciences or humanities; advanced degree a plus
- Detail-oriented and highly organized; ability to prioritize tasks efficiently
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and an aptitude for interpersonal intelligence
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite; Word & Excel
- Experience working or interning for a writing center, publisher, or library is a plus, but not required
About Our Company
An independent publisher with an outstanding reputation, Rowman & Littlefield publishes innovative, high-quality college texts, provocative and timely titles for general readers, and professional and scholarly books throughout the humanities and social sciences.
Rowman & Littlefield, Lanham, MD
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Please refer to www.rowman.com/Page/HR for Rowman & Littlefield’s Equal Employment Opportunity-Affirmative Action Policy Statement, as well as additional information relating to equal opportunity employment.
The Rowman and Littlefield Publishing Group
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at The Rowman and Littlefield Publishing Group