FT AL Care Giver, Med Aide -SIGN ON BONUS
The Rose Round Rock, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
The Rose at Round Rock, a premier senior living community offering assisted living and memory care has immediate opportunities for Assisted Living Care Partners (CNA or unlicensed Direct Care Giver) and Certified Med Aides. Available shifts run 2pm-10pm, and 10pm-6am. Full Time XYZ rotation.
200.00 SIGN ON BONUS!
The Assisted Living Care Partner is responsible for caring for residents under the direction and supervision of the LVN.
Responsibilities for Care Partner include, but are not limited to:
- Provide assistance with bathing, grooming, dressing, escort service and other activities of daily living as assigned
- Takes and records vital signs, measure and records height and weight as assigned and if trained and qualified to do so
- Recognizes abnormal changes in body functioning and the importance of reporting such changes to a supervisor
- Contributes to the resident’s assessment and the plan of care.
- Cares for residents with dementia
- Promotes and protects resident rights, assists residents to make informed decisions, treats residents with dignity and respect, protects resident’s personal belongings, reports suspected abuse or neglect
- Other duties assigned
- High School Diploma
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CNA licensure or other medical assistant preferable, not required
- Currently certified or willing to get certified and maintain CPR & First Aid certification
- Recent history of care experience in assisted living care
- Knowledge of progression and care of dementia residents.
- Excellent customer service, strong communication skills and a positive disposition
- Ability to understand and utilize computers, software and other technology.
The Med Aide is responsible for assistance with self-administered medications and/or administration of medications to Assisted Living residents, following the guidelines provided by Aventine Hill Communities and the state regulations.
Responsibilities for Med Aide include, but are not limited to
• Responsible for assistance with self-administered medications and/or administration of medications to Assisted Living residents in compliance with federal and state regulations and Aventine Hill Communities guidelines as directed by the licensed nurse (Resident Service Director or Resident Care Coordinator).
• Reports any change in resident’s health and provides proper documentation to the licensed nurse.
• Manages scheduled medication pass efficiently, accurately and within required time frames.
• Documents on medication record timely, accurately.
• Documents in the resident’s clinical record timely and accurately.
• Communicates with resident’s physicians and third-party providers as needed, timely and accurately.
• Handles and manages medications safely and accurately.
• Follows proper procedures for handling and management of all narcotics.
• Recognizes abnormal changes in body functioning and the importance of reporting such changes to a supervisor.
• Communicates with resident’s families accurately and timely.
• Orders refills of medications accurately and timely.
•Provides assistance as needed with medication reminders, bathing, grooming, dressing, escort service, and other activities of daily living as assigned.
•Respects and encourages the independence and dignity of the residents.
We offer a competitive hourly wage, full benefits and many more perks!
If you have a passion for helping people and want to grow professionally, please send your resume for immediate consideration.