Make The RoomPlace your WorkPlace and be a part of our growing team of outstanding professionals.
This is a very exciting opportunity for someone to join our company and help area residents design the homes of their dreams. We are focused on delivering exceptional service and home furnishing products to our customers.
Our roots date back to 1912, when Sam Berman founded Harlem Furniture, bringing furniture directly to customers doors in Chicago. Now, with over 25 locations across Illinois and Indiana, The RoomPlace serves a much wider base of furniture shoppers with the same commitment to meeting personalized tastes. Over the course of these hundred plus years, we have always remained a family-owned and community-oriented businesses, bringing our customers exquisite furniture at affordable prices. This is who we are and what we do every day. Apart from offering great value and service, The RoomPlace has set itself apart by bringing a total-room concept to furniture shopping providing fully coordinated room sets curated by a team of experienced designers. With the continued support of our customers, we are looking into the future with marketing and development plans aimed at continued growth throughout the Midwest.
Essential Purpose of Position:
The E-Commerce Graphic Designer will be responsible for designing; creating and implementing digital assets & content.
Job Related Responsibilities:
- Develop all types of digital communications, including finalizing layouts and creation of web-ready assets, Various types of web banner ads including static, Animated GIF, HTML5; microsites, landing pages, email campaigns, Social media graphics, mobile applications, video and animations keeping in brand consistency under Creative Directors supervision
- Create various print communications when needed, and as requested by Creative Director or Executive Team
- Manage designs and prep files for release to ensure proper functionality once live or to print
- Convert concept mockups to digital assets
- Support the execution of new creative ideas with the creative and digital team
- Organize, maintain, and archive all digital design files
- Assist with quality control including troubleshooting, proofreading of product content
- Retouch photos and artwork for the purposes of resizing and formatting images, color correction, and image manipulation
- Manage revisions, updates, versions and assets of creatives
- Collaborate with web development as well as creative/marketing teams
- Ensure consistency of brand look throughout all communications, while ensuring the quality of all assets are aligned with artwork specifications/standards
- Research, present, and provide consultation to management on contemporary digital trends and provides recommendations for changes and improvements.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Creative Director and Executive team.
- Time management:
- Planning day
- Setting prioritizes and managing escalations
- Meeting associated goals for service and sales
- Strong interpersonal skills:
- Competent at making relationships work, listen effectively and develop rapport with others.
- Working with customers by consulting and then selling
- 2-4 years of experience producing interactive projects working in an agency environment or in-house design department
- Provide a comprehensive portfolio demonstrating relevant work
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles, composition, color theory, typography, etc.
- Solid understanding of different types of user experiences possible by current and cutting-edge digital technologies
- Ability to independently research and troubleshoot solutions to problems as they arise
- Strong time management skills, with the ability to organize and manage multiple projects while collaborating with team
- Ability to accommodate rapid change requests, executing new layouts/requests with little oversight
- Strong organization skills, with the ability to switch tasks based on priority and work under tight timelines
- Be solution-driven, highly creative, and able to improvise
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Fully versed in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Animate CC/Flash/Edge and After Effects a plus)
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with HTML5, CSS, WordPress and experience with responsive design a plus
- Experience with digital user interface design, usability testing, understanding of browser capabilities and limitations a plus
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in graphic design and 2-4 years experience
Travel: Some local travel may be required.
Please note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EEO Statement: TRP LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.