We are seeking a Medical Assistant to become a part of our team! We are a busy private practice Ear, Nose, and Throat office looking for 1 highly motivated, energetic team player: duties include but not limited to: rooming patients, taking vitals, documenting medication and medical information into EHR System, cleaning of exam rooms and instruments at the end of each clinic, restocking exam rooms. This is an opportunity to work directly in patient care, one-on-one with a physician to ensure the delivery of excellent medical care. You will perform routine administrative and clinical assignments to keep the medical facility running smoothly.
- Performs select clinical and administrative duties.
- Preparing patients for examination
- Assisting 1 physician during exams
- Collecting and preparing laboratory specimens
- Performing basic laboratory tests (limited phlebotomy)
- Instructing patients about medication and special diets
- Preparing and administering medications as directed by a physician
- Transmitting prescription refills as directed
- Removing sutures and changing dressings
- Performing Ear Lavages
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- Escort patients to exam rooms and obtain needed information from the patient.
- Cross train on patient check-in/check-out to assist as needed.
- Complies with CLIA, OSHA, Joint Commission and other regulatory agency standards. Participates in in-service programs as needed. Follows infection controls and safety policies.
- Travel to satellite locations to assist as needed.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Scribe
- Previous experience in healthcare administration or other related fields
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Team Player
ENT experience preferred but willing to train the right candidate. Electronic Medical Records experience a plus. Athena experience is a plus.
Job Type: Full-Time