Title: Support Technician - L2
Respond to assignments usually involving the installation, repair or maintenance of desktop computer hardware and peripherals onsite in support of our customer. Responds to dispatched assignments usually involving the installation, repair or maintenance of desktop computer hardware and peripherals at the customer’s location. This self-motivated candidate will follow defined account or departmental policies and procedures, work on routine assignments, identify, test and repair system hardware.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support of BOTH PC & MAC Platforms & Operating Systems.
- Responds to dispatched assignments usually involving the installation, repair or maintenance of desktop computer hardware at the customer’s location.
- Tech Refresh Program initiatives, including System Level Migrations, Data Migrations, Application Integration and Configuration on PC & MAC systems.
- Confers with sales, operations, purchasing and finance managers to assist development of service quality assurance processes and procedures, customer support plans, and to discuss new specifications required by customers and management.
- Work independently on assignments and report progress to your supervising manager.
- Coordinate, manage and predict equipment and part needs for dispatched service requests and coordinate those requests directly with the client.
- Facilitate 100% of closures for all requests within the CRM tool on the day they are resolved or fulfilled.
- Maintain relationship between multiple CRM tools or applications by keeping status, details, notes or any other updates consistent between multiple tools or applications utilized for Customer Request Management and Tracking purposes.
- Provide regular feedback consistent with the needs of the team and environment for ongoing improvements.
- Customer Service and experience working directly with customers is a must.
- Technical authorization with CompTIA and hold a current status of “A+ Authorized” is preferred.
- Technical authorization with two or more of the following manufacturers: Apple Computer, Inc., Hewlett Packard LaserJet and DeskJet printers, IBM laptop and desktop computers, HP Computers, Toshiba America, Apple Computers is preferred.
- Requires a sound technical background with professional experience in a Service or IT environment.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects.
- Good interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
- Must be dependable and able to meet deadlines consistently.
- Should have the ability to work under pressure and should be flexible and able to adapt to a changing environment.
- Troubleshooting and problem experience are helpful.
- Excellent communication skills are a plus.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook is a plus.
- Experience supporting one or more operating systems such as Mac OSX (Up to Mt. Lion), Win XP or WIN7 is mandatory.
- Experience with Mobile Devices & Operations Systems (Blackberry, IOS v. 4 or better, Android) is beneficial.
TRG is a privately held Limited Liability Company committed to connecting businesses with job seekers. We deliver high quality contingent personnel to our clients using our 3-step collaborative engagement model:
Collaborate. We partner with you to understand the unique needs of your business before we propose a solution.
Strategize. Based on your goals and staffing challenges, we develop high impact solutions designed for your industry.
Engage. We work with your team before, during, and after every engagement to deliver 100% satisfaction.
With over ten (10) years experience in the resource solutions sector, principals Greg Donner [link to bio] and Ronald Lom [link to bio] leverage the power of strategic partnership to create a powerful staffing model that improves your quality of hire.