Title: Deskside Support Technician - L2
Respond to assignments usually involving the installation, repair or maintenance of desktop computer hardware and peripherals at depot repair facility or onsite in support of our customer. Responds to dispatched assignments usually involving the installation, repair or maintenance of desktop computer hardware and peripherals at the customer’s location. This self-motivated candidate will follow defined account or departmental policies and procedures, work on routine assignments, identify, test and repair system hardware.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support of PC & MAC Platforms & Operating Systems.
- Responds to dispatched assignments usually involving the installation, repair or maintenance of desktop computer hardware and peripherals remotely or at the customer’s location.
- Tech Refresh Program initiatives, including System Level Migrations, Data Migrations, Application Integration and Configuration on PC & MAC systems.
- Confers with sales, operations, purchasing and finance managers to assist development of service quality assurance processes and procedures, customer support plans, and to discuss new specifications required by customers and management.
- Work independently on assignments and report progress to your supervising manager.
- Coordinate, manage and predict equipment and part needs for dispatched service requests and coordinate those requests directly with the client.
- Facilitate 100% of closures for all requests within the CRM tool on the day they are resolved or fulfilled.
- Maintain relationship between multiple CRM tools or applications by keeping status, details, notes or any other updates consistent between multiple tools or applications utilized for Customer Request Management and Tracking purposes.
- Manage to the details and notes utilizing multiple CRM Utilities, including but not limited to those supported by your employer or one of its customers (i.e. AIM/OPUS, Remedy, Clarify, ONYX, SIEBEL, etc).
- Provide regular feedback consistent with the needs of the team and environment for ongoing improvements.
- Plus if they are experienced with Google Suite of Applications, Webex & MDM solutions, not mandatory
- Customer Service and experience working directly with customers is a must.
- Technical authorization with CompTIA and hold a current status of “A+ Authorized” is preferred.
- Technical authorization with two or more of the following manufacturers: Apple Computer, Inc., Hewlett Packard LaserJet and DeskJet printers, IBM laptop and desktop computers, HP Computers, Toshiba America, Apple Computers is preferred.
- Requires a sound technical background with a minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in a Service or IT environment.
- Good interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
- Troubleshooting and problem experience are helpful.
- Excellent communication skills are a plus.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook is a plus.
- 5 years supporting one or more operating systems such as Mac OSX (Up to Mt. Lion), Win XP or WIN7 is mandatory.
- Experience with Mobile Devices & Operations Systems (Blackberry, IOS v. 4 or better, Android) is beneficial.