Title: Desktop Support Technician (L1)
Responds to dispatched assignments usually involving the installation, pick up, drop off, or maintenance of desktop computer hardware and peripherals at Client X's customer repair facility. This self-motivated candidate will help support the other IT technicians in the field while following defined account or departmental policies and procedures and will likely work on routine assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for customer satisfaction results and SLA measurements.
- Respond to assignments usually involving the support of the field service technicians repairing or deploying hardware and peripherals at Client X's customer repair facility.
- Prioritize assignments is order of importance.
- Update the status of all work performed on any service job using Client X's custom built call-tracking and customer database.
- Be proactive regarding job efficiency to include suggestions for the Service Department.
- Communicate the status of the job assignments to the customer at all times. Be proactive in making sure the customer is knowledgeable about the status of their service call at all times.
- Follow defined company policies and procedures.
- Daily make sure that the service repair and deployment area is kept in an orderly, clean, neat and safe manner and that all tools, materials and parts have been stored properly and are accounted for.
- Research and submit recommendations to your manager for improving CSI's service operation.
- Help out on large moves and reorganizations within CSI's customer repair facility.
- Perform inventory counts at the end of every quarter.
- Saturday work may be required on occasion.
- Backup to the Integration department, following scripts and quality control assurance procedures when integrating and testing computer hardware and software components. This includes accurate and timely updates, as instructed.
- Knowledge of the Macintosh and PC computer and related Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of Laser and or Solid Ink Printer operation and repair. (Xerox certification a plus.)
- Good interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
- Must be dependable and able to meet deadlines consistently.
- Should have the ability to work under pressure and should be flexible and able to adapt to a changing environment.
- Multi-tasking skills are a must.
- Requires a sound technical background with 0-2 years of professional experience.
- Troubleshooting and problem experience are helpful.
- Excellent communication skills are a plus.
- General knowledge of Remedy, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook is a plus.
- Technical authorization with one or more of the following manufacturers: Xerox, Apple Computer Inc., Hewlett Packard Desktop, Notebook computers, as well as local and networked printers.
- A+ certification is a plus.