The Rockridge Group
- Over a month ago
TITLE: ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST
POSITION: FULL TIME/DIRECT HIRE
LOCATION: LISLE, ILLINOIS – (HYBRID - 3 days onsite/2 days WFH)
We are looking for an astute, determined professional like you to fulfill an Accounting Specialist role within our Agricultural business. You will showcase your success through collaboration, ownership and innovation. Your expertise in emerging trends and practices will evoke stimulating discussions around optimization and change to help keep our competitive edge. This rewarding opportunity will enable you to make a big impact in our organization, so if this sounds exciting, then PGIM might be the place.
PGIM Agricultural Investments (PAI) leverages a 100 year history in agricultural and timberland lending and equity/real estate management services. The Capital Agricultural Property Services, Inc. (CAPS) unit of PAI provides property management and brokerage services in the agricultural real estate industry.
PAI is seeking an Accounting Specialist to join the Lisle, IL office. The accounting staff within PAI are responsible for providing investment operational expertise to support the financial reporting of PAI’s agricultural real estate equity accounts, property management subsidiary, and agricultural mortgage assets. This position will report directly to the Director of Finance. The Accounting Specialist will be responsible for overseeing the accounting for our Central region in the equity portfolio.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the performance of a team of accountants handling agency and institutional farms in the Central region
- Assist and support the farm and asset management teams
- Prepare and review all posting for agency and institutional farms, including accounts payable, accounts receivable and journal entries
- Prepare and review recurring journal entries to ensure accurate financial results
- Prepare quarterly reporting for institutional farms
- Prepare and review quarterly and annual reporting for agency farms
- Prepare and review cash flow forecasting
- Prepare and review agricultural leases and create accounting accrual schedules
- Prepare and review budgets for institutional and agency farms
- Various ad-hoc requests received from internal business partners
- Special projects
- Hybrid work schedule
- BS/BA in Accounting
- CPA or MBA are a plus
- 5+ years accounting experience, preferably in real estate or agriculture
- Strong PC skills including advanced knowledge of Excel as well as Word and Microsoft products
- Knowledge of Oracle General Ledger System, Microsoft Dynamics NAV or Business Central
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated, team player and detail oriented
- Capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Overtime may be required during peak periods. Light travel is also required.
The Rockridge Group
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?