Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. Each server’s primary objective is to show our guests such a marvelous time, they will want to return.Activities & Responsibilities
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of The Rock Wood Fired Pizza
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience to ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service, and respond promptly and courteously to correct any problems.
- Collect payments from guests.
- Write guests’ food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
- Take food or beverages orders from guests.
- Check guests’ identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Present menus to guests and answer questions about menu items, beverages, and other restaurant functions and services
- Inform guests of menu changes and daily specials, and make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Clean tables or counters after guests have finished dining.
- Prepare hot, cold, and mixed drinks for guests.
- Roll silverware, set up food stations or set up dining areas to prepare for the next shift or for large parties.
- Explain to guests how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Prepare tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to kitchen for cleaning.
- Assist host or hostess by answering phones to take reservations or to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests.
- Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom.
- Perform food preparation duties such as preparing salads, appetizers, and cold dishes, portioning desserts, and brewing coffee.
- Escort guests to their tables.
- Fill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment, and napkin containers.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant. Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Cash registers
- Credit card processing machines
- Point-of-sale receipt printers
- Point-of-sale terminals and workstations
- Touch screen monitors Point-of-sale software (Aloha)
The Rock Wood Fired Pizza