Renewalable energy start-up company located in downtown Annapolis is looking for a project accountant to join their team. We have numerous projects in different stages of development, construction, or operations. This position will port into the Corporate Controller and be critical to and reap the benefits of being part of the company’s growth and success. Day to day bookkeeping, general ledger, accounts payable and accounts receivable are currently being contracted out.
The Project Accountant will be able to:
- Track project costs and account for project development and construction activities for a portfolio of projects.
Assist in preparing all financial reports that currently include: project variance analysis and GAAP financials for numerous entities
Assist in the budgeting and forecasting efforts
- Various Monthly management reports
- Support the allocation efforts as well as transfer pricing analysis among related parties
Support tax compliance for state and federal purposes for private entity passthrough LLCs taxed as partnerships
Someone with at least 3 to 5 years of experience:
- Closing books, financial reporting experience at corporate entity of at least 2 years (possibly an Accounting Manager or Assistant Controller)
- CPA Preferred
- Preferably with public accounting experience of at least 1 to 2 years
Project development and construction experience highly preferred; infrastructure, energy or renewable experience would be ideal
Experience using accounting systems required
Experience in smaller, growing company environment also ideal
LLC / partnership tax experience ideal
Whatever-It-Takes attitude, willing to roll up sleeves and do the work required.
No job too small (or too big)
The Robert Joseph GroupThe Robert Joseph Group (RJG) is a boutique Accounting & Finance resource firm. Headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, RJG places Accounting & Finance professionals throughout the Washington, DC metro area. Our 2 founders are both CPAs with over 20 years experience in Accounting & Finance placement.