Sales Manager-Windsor, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
The Robert E. Morris Company is a division of Morris Group, Inc. We supply CNC machine tools, tooling, accessories, software, automation, and more to manufacturers of precision machined parts. Our customer base is located in the New England states plus northern New Jersey and eastern New York, including the New York metropolitan area and Long Island. Our mission is to help manufacturers from all industry sectors achieve and maintain a competitive advantage by improving productivity. We help you make better parts, less expensively.
The Sales Manager is responsible for managing a defined sales staff on a daily basis including performance reviews, coaching, and counseling to build motivation and selling skills. This person will maintain accurate records of all pricing, sales, and activity reports submitted by Sales Engineers. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Creating annual business plans and sales strategies; initiating and coordinating these plans to penetrate new markets
- Setting, reviewing, maintaining, and managing sales staff to specific goals and measures
- Developing and maintaining partner relationships with clients and vendors to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Reconciling territory sales activity and commission reports; integrating department activity into the CRM system (e-Synergy); promoting and ensuring the use of Salesforce.com by sales team
- Possessing and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of machine tool industry and product lines represented by the company
The successful candidate will have 5-7 years of experience in sales management with extensive experience in all aspects of supplier relationship management, sales processes, and customer/ market dynamics. The Sales Manager will possess strong presentation and management skills including relatability and adaptability, as well as a track record for developing staff. This focused professional must have high attention to detail, and a strong strategic thinking capacity to develop and guide the direction of the Sales team to exceed company objectives. Extensive travel throughout the New England territory is required; some overnight and national travel is necessary. The Sales Manager will spend up to 80% of time in the field traveling with sales team.
Morris Group, Inc. offers competitive salary, comprehensive benefits packages, and tuition reimbursement.
Morris Group, Inc., including all operating subsidiaries, is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
The Robert E. Morris
BusinessView all jobs at The Robert E. Morris