Field Service Technician-Plainfield, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Robert E. Morris Company is a division of Morris Group, Inc. We supply CNC machine tools, tooling, accessories, software, automation, and more to manufacturers of precision machined parts. Our customer base is located in the New England states plus northern New Jersey and eastern New York, including the New York metropolitan area and Long Island. Our mission is to help manufacturers from all industry sectors achieve and maintain a competitive advantage by improving productivity. We help you make better parts, less expensively.
The CNC Field Service Technician will have an extensive understanding of electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics to effectively detect and resolve issues with electrical and mechanical components. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Traveling to customer sites to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain all machine tool equipment and controls for customer organizations
- Utilizing machine tool manuals, technical documents, internal and vendor resources to research machine issues
- Ensuring proper documentation is completed and submitted to office and customer in regards to status of machine issues, repairs, and installation
- Promoting and performing preventative maintenance on customer machine tool equipment and conducting after-sales technical support and training
- Possessing and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of machine tool industry and product lines represented by the company
- Five years’ experience with CNC machine repair
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics
- Excellent technical, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and other business programs as required
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job
- Ability to work flexible hours. Frequent travel and driving throughout a regional territory are necessary, as well as some overnight travel
Morris Group, Inc. offers competitive salary, comprehensive benefits packages, and tuition reimbursement.
Morris Group, Inc., including all operating subsidiaries, is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
The Robert E. Morris
EngineeringView all jobs at The Robert E. Morris