We are the classic American diner. . . and proud of everything that means!
Since 1953, we have served quality food and healthy portions at a fair price. No matter where we are, our light is always on inviting guests around the world to a place where everyone is welcome. Open means so much more to us than just being open for business 24/7. It means being open to all people, appetites and budgets. It says we are open-minded and open to new ideas. Honest, warm and inviting. Open is the way we think and act every hour of every day.
At The Road Inc, a franchisee of Denny's, people are our most important asset. We trust, support and respect each other and work together for the greater good. We recognize the contributions of all and empower each and every one of us to achieve great things. Together, we will celebrate our successes and have fun doing it.
What does it take to be a Restaurant Manager with Denny's?
You are a leader, hungry to win, constantly looking ahead. You are always moving, striving for more, determined to achieve greatness. You are open to fresh, innovative thinking. You believe we will succeed through teamwork, accountability and pushing the boundaries of ourselves and our brand. You have a "Guests First" mindset. You understand that our diners are more than just customers or consumers. They are our guests and we invite them into our homes with open arms. They are the very reason we are in business and they are the center of everything we do.
You are a coach and trainer. You will help your General Manager attract, hire, develop, and retain hourly employees to build an engaged, high-performing team. You respect your crew and they respect you. You hold your team accountable, and address performance issues quickly.
You are committed to quality. You will assist the General Manager by consistently ensuring Denny's brand standards for food and service are consistently upheld. You understand the importance of maintaining the restaurant and enforcing sanitary habits.
You are involved in the business. You will assist the General Manager in interpreting financial and operational reports and schedules, working together to identify gaps in operating performance and develop solutions to achieve controllable profit goals. You are involved in your community, not only because those relationships will help drive sales, guest count, and profit for the restaurant, but because it's important.
You are the gatekeeper. You consistently monitor security procedures to protect our guests, employees and company assets.
You are a negotiator. You are adept at resolving conflict, directing to the General Manager when necessary.
You are a team player, ready to lend a hand without being asked.
You are committed to and exhibit Denny's Guiding Principles when interacting with others.
DENNY'S GUIDING PRINCIPLES:
- Guests First
- Embrace Openness
- Proud of Our Heritage
- Hungry to Win
- The Power of We
- One year of experience in restaurant, hospitality or retail management; additional operations and/or leadership experience strongly preferred
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Able to complete Food Safety Manager certification
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in the English language
- Values diversity and shows respect for others
- Proven ability to solve problems and handle high stress situations
- Capable of interpreting financial statements and understanding contributing factors
- Identifies and anticipates opportunities for improvement and implements corrective action steps
- Able to perform job duties of every position in the restaurant
- Must be prepared to multitask in accordance with the demands of the business
- Able to work weekends, holidays, evenings and additional shifts as needed
- License to operate an automobile without hours of operations restrictions
- Reliable transportation in order to meet banking obligations
If you feel you meet the above requirements and would like to be part of a great team and work with people who care, please submit your resume today. We are seeking candidates for salaried and hourly management positions for our several Milwaukee area Denny's Restaurants.
- At The Road Inc. we firmly encourage a culturally diverse workforce.
- The Road Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.