The Riveter is seeking a SEO Specialist to own all natural search initiatives to fuel the next stage of growth for The Riveter. This key role is crucial to the success of ambitious growth plans for 2020, as we launch new community features and rapidly grow our digital membership. In this position, you will partner with growth marketing leadership and content teams on strategy, then focus on implementing the roadmap for our new SEO program. You will collaborate closely with the Brand, Analytics and Product teams ensuring they understand and support your strategies. As such, you must be comfortable communicating strategy, results, and insights to various stakeholders at all levels of the business. You must be willing and able to roll up your sleeves and dive deep while also succinctly summarizing callouts to senior leaders.
You will be expected to be highly analytical, resourceful, member-focused, team-oriented, and have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. You will be comfortable thinking big and diving deep. A proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering SEO results in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment is strongly preferred.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with Sr. Manager on the Riveters SEO strategy, including technical and non-technical/content execution
- Work at both the strategic and tactical level to institute SEO best practices as new community features and content are launched
- Collaborate with other members on The Riveters Digital Team to achieve traffic, member registration, and revenue goals. Partner with SEM team members on total search strategy
- Optimize Riveter content for maximum visibility, including auditing and Implementing internal linking throughout Riveter content following best practices.
- Implement SEO tactics including keyword research, authoring meta data & headlines, audit competitor websites, and more.
- Manage and fix technical SEO elements on the websites, including hreflang tags, canonical tags and site errors.
- Partner with editorial teams to draft and finalize new high quality, editorial content aligned with our business areas
- Conduct regular research and identify backlink opportunities and reach out to potential sources. Identify additional writers and content creators who can link back to TheRiveter.
- Partner with PR teams to identify and source high-quality backlinks to The Riveter.
- Create and automate weekly, monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reports. Report on SEO KPIs, in addition to redirects, click rates, bounce rates, keyword rank, and traffic
- Provide support to technical and non-technical stakeholders to ensure new site features and/or content adheres to SEO best practices
- Conduct keyword research and develop keyword strategy, making sure that targeted keywords meet business objectives
- Educate various stakeholders about the value of SEO, how to select and write content for SEO, and the importance of SEO in the content development process
- Be on top of, and have a POV on the latest trends such as HTTPS, AMP, Mobile First, Rank Brain etc.
- Work closely with Product team for the right balance of SEO and Usability
- Auditing The Riveter website to find opportunities to grow the natural search channel
Youre Our Ideal Teammate if You:
- 2+ years Search Engine Optimization experience, preferably with high traffic sites. Community and coworking SEO experience a plus.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business or other related field preferred
- Deep understanding of search engine ranking factors and on-page and off-page industry best practices
- Deep understanding of SEO concepts (keyword research, user intent, crawlability, mobile-friendly, page speed, etc.)
- Strong proficiency with G Suite, Snowflake DB
- Ability to interpret data and make business recommendations
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
Built by women for everyone, inclusion, optimism and hard work are core to who we are at The Riveter. We believe that a diverse and inclusive staff and membership is vital to working towards equity, both in the workplace and in our broader communities. We strive to create a community where every staff and member feels like they belong, and are able to contribute and grow with their full authentic selves and intersecting identities.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and treat every applicant and staff fairly regardless of gender, race, religion, ancestry, color, citizenship or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, age, marital status, protected status as a veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable local, state and federal legally protected classifications. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements.
If you would like to learn more, need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com.
At The Riveter, we unapologetically work for equity of opportunity for all women. That means we speak out when it comes to gender equity, racial justice and economic opportunity - including on issues such as reproductive freedom and voting rights. While team members don't have to personally agree with all of our stances, they must be comfortable representing the company's platform while carrying out their work and understand The Riveter advocates for equity across all sectors.