- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
*We are a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment screenings, COVID-19 testing and background checks will be conducted for all viable candidates.*
REPORTS TO: CORPORATE CONTROLLER
Degree in accounting or related field. Knowledge of general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, point of sale systems, general cashiering, sales tax and banking. Strong mathematical and analytical skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Proficient with computers, expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel, able to preserve the confidentiality of company information. Manage staff and work closely with other departments in a collaborative manner.
Supervise and direct the financial activities of the hotel and food & beverage, in support of the corporate controller.
- Supervise and manage the daily processes of the billing, credit card processing, accounts receivable and accounts payable functions.
- Process and prepare daily financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Manages Purchasing department
- Prepare and follow-up on revenue and labor reports daily.
- Process and distribute payroll in a timely and accurate manner using ADP software bi-weekly.
- Maintain payroll records, schedules and time and attendance in the E-time system. Verify payroll wage and hour procedures are followed. Report unusual variances.
- Process A&P activity daily.
- Assist with preparation of forecasts and budgets as required.
- Assist with preparation of budget versus actual financial analyses monthly.
- Maintain the cash safe and house banks. Assist with cashier bank audits. Perform monthly audits.
- Review petty cash transactions and post to G/L.
- Prepare and submit sales, occupational, and communications tax returns monthly.
- Prepare journal entries in support of managed functions-Revenue, Labor, Payroll, Advertising and Promotion. Etc.
- Assure protection for the assets of the business through internal controls and internal auditing.
- Setup new vendors verifying details against Sunbiz
- Provide to department managers information required by them to carry out their assigned responsibilities.
- Cost of sales accounting
- Assist with compliance audits.
- Oversee year-end 1099 processing
- Monitor and manage performance of assigned employees. Provide prompt and objective coaching and counseling. Complete annual reviews and performance appraisals of assigned employees timely.
- Act within scope of authority and consistent with company objectives, guidelines, policies, and practices.
- Ensure optimum performance of the accounting function. Recommend and implement techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, cut costs, take advantage of opportunities, and maintain state-of-the-art practices.
- Keep abreast of current trends and practices in field of expertise. Assume other special activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
- May be required to work weekends and holidays.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Sage; TimberScan; ADP; Opera; B4Checkin; Agilysys; Ontrack; BirchStreet Systems; Evention
Copier; cash machine, fax machine; computer; calculator; scanner; printer; telephone
We believe each of us has the power to make a difference in someone's life. It might be a student, guest, fellow employee, or a struggling family in the community. The Riverside Hotel has a sincere vision and approach to hospitality which extends from the workplace far into the community. Are you ready to join us in making lasting memories for yourself and others?
The Riverside HotelWhy Work Here?
Out team of employees have a genuine caring spirit, a strong work ethic and enjoy the relationships built while working at our hotel.
Our team of employees have a genuine caring spirit, a strong work ethic and enjoy the relationships built while spending their time working at our hotel. Most importantly, we believe that work can in fact be fun! We believe each of us has the power to make a difference in someone's life. It might be a student, guest, fellow employee, or a struggling family in the community. The Riverside Hotel has a sincere vision and approach to hospitality which extends from the workplace far into the community. Are you ready to join us in making lasting memories for yourself and others?
620 E Las Olas BlvdFort Lauderdale, FL
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at The Riverside Hotel