Plant Operations Manager | Stable Company with Steady Growth | Career Growth Opportunities | Lean Culture
The Richmond Group USA is recruiting for an OPERATIONS MANAGER to join our client, a stable chemical manufacturer with several years of steady growth and a positive work culture. This is a crucial role that will have a strong focus on safety and social responsibility and strong, lean-minded leadership that provides its employees a healthy, autonomous work environment.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Drive continuous improvement and career development of your team (60-80 individuals)
- Coach production leaders, engineers, operators, and technicians by providing strong leadership and promoting safe behaviors and an employee engagement culture.
- Strong focus on driving the achievement of production metrics (KPIs), profitability, and continuous improvement
- Develop long term site operations plan with Plant Manager
- Establish positive team culture, goal buy in, and healthy collaboration across all areas: Maintenance, Purchasing, Quality, Logistics
Background & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, or related technical degree preferred
- 5+ years in a Chemical Industry – preferably in a large operation serving in a leadership role (production manager, operations manager, unit manager, etc)
- Experience in a Union setting a big plus
- Experience in a PSM operation a big plus
- Strong Lean and/or Continuous Improvement Skills
If you are interested in this or future opportunities in your area please apply with a WORD or PDF version of your resume. We will contact you when opportunities arise that match your geography and experience. All inquiries are kept confidential and your information will not be shared with other employers without your approval. If you are interested in providing more information about yourself or your situation then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual's race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Zach Price is a Senior Client Manager and Executive Recruiter that specializes in search and placement of Engineering and Manufacturing Operations Management Professionals
The Richmond Group USA