Elementary Teacher (4th Grade-ELA/Social Studies)
- Posted: 18 days ago
Job Summary: Our teachers co-teach in areas of reading, language arts, social studies, mathematics, science, art, health, physical education, and music to students in a classroom, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education, and other appropriate learning activities. Elementary Teachers are responsible for providing a good foundation for upper elementary grade education and providing an exemplary learning environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Create a classroom that provides a welcoming, nurturing, and stimulating environment appropriate to the intellectual and emotional development of students.
Know each child's personal background and family culture.
Assess each child's skills at the beginning of the year (or upon their first arrival).
Develop and implement lesson plans that follow the curriculum and teach the TEKS. Lesson plans are due at least by the Friday before the following week. Each lesson plan will include each skill being taught identified by TEKS reference number and written skill.
Set up a permanent file for each child or add to their existing one that reflects their mastery of the TEKS, other skills and attributes, examples of their work, results of conferences, and all test results.
Collaborate with individual students and their parents to develop an individual success plan for each student in his or her classroom.
Present the subject matter according to guidelines established by the Texas Education Agency and the governing board.
Learn and implement the "Teamwork” discipline approach.
Use teaching methods that stimulate learning and allow for individual differences.
Promote learning by modeling and demonstrating appropriate behaviors including but not limited to social interaction, table manners, classroom conduct, etc.
Report students struggling with any subject or skills to the Superintendent or Principal for strategies in guiding the student and informing the parents.
Assess student achievement through formal and informal testing. Report results of all testing to the Superintendent or Principal.
Follow the educator’s code of ethics and code of conduct and behave professionally, ethically, and responsibly.
Performs any additional duties related to the ongoing effectiveness of the program as directed.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year, accredited university. Must have previous teaching experience.
Certification: NCLB, Highly qualified valid Texas Teaching Certificate as required by teaching assignment or acceptance to approved Alternative Certification Program and results of TEXes exam.
Work Experience: Previous experience in the classroom.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
· Knowledge of state and federal education laws and regulations.
· Knowledge of subject matter to be taught and ability to lead discussions
· Skills in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to implement Texas Education Agency (TEA) education policies and procedures.
- Ability to review and implement agency policies, procedures, and operating guidelines.
- Ability to convey and interpret information to students.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with students, parents, administrators, and other professionals involved in the education of TRS students.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, with possible occurrences of extreme heightened stress.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all stakeholders and maintain a professional, courteous demeanor.
- Ability to keep accurate files and records.
Microsoft Office, Office equipment (e.g., computer, copier). General Knowledge of accounting procedures, district policies, and school law.
Working/Environmental Conditions/Mental Demands/Physical Demands:
Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment that does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unpleasant elements. Ability to carry and/or lift less than 15 pounds.
The Rhodes School
EducationView all jobs at The Rhodes School