- Posted: 18 days ago
Serves as the educational leader of the assigned campus. Responsible for managing policies, regulations, and procedures to ensure all students are supervised in a safe learning environment that meets the approved curricula and mission of the school. Guides the character of the school and serves as a model for staff; pivotal in building a high-performing team of teachers and support staff. Dedicated to helping students achieve personal and academic success by using proven best practices for teaching and learning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aggregate student performance data to identify performance trends and develop plans for improving academic performance
- Manage the campus budget to ensure fiscal responsibility in the use of school funds
- Disaggregate student performance data to identify strengths and weaknesses in the instructional program and the curriculum.
- Disaggregate student performance data to identify gaps and deficiencies in student learning.
- Able to interpret and utilize data to develop and implement an effective plan for improvement.
- Ensure campus compliance with organizational, local, and state regulations and policies.
- Monitor and review teacher lesson plans to ensure alignment with school and state learning standards.
- Provide supervision and direction to campus-based staff: Teachers and paraprofessionals.
- Serve as the primary appraiser for teachers and campus-based paraprofessionals.
- Serve as the primary liaison between the school community and the superintendent.
- Work collaboratively with parents to ensure effective home-school relationships.
- Serve as the ARD administrative representative.
- Utilize knowledge of student growth and development to establish effective relationships with students.
- Develop growth plans for teachers in need of assistance.
- Collaborate with organizational stakeholders to develop the campus-based master schedule.
- Establish an effective campus crisis management plan.
- Establish strong interpersonal relationships with staff to ensure a positive school culture.
- Effectively communicates important issues to campus staff, parents, and the community.
- Facilitate monthly campus-based crew meetings focused on the school vision and mission.
- Other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
Texas principal or other appropriate Texas certificate
- A minimum of three years of exemplary teaching experience or comparable leadership experience is essential
- Administrative experience as Principal, Assistant Principal or Dean of instruction preferred.
- Additional leadership experience on the campus or otherwise is essential.
- Develops and implements plans to:
- Increase student achievement
- Increase attendance
- Increase graduation rates
- Strengthen instructional opportunities
- Provide a safe learning environment
- Provide student services
- Comply with federal, state, and local laws Board policies and procedures, and other school district initiatives
- Communicates collaborates and builds strong relationships with key stakeholders including:
- Teachers and staff
- Students and parents
- Community and business partners
- Other members of the school and district community
- Selects and mentors a high-quality school staff
- Develops and maintains quality data, a balanced budget, and operational systems control closely tied to instructional priorities.
- Supervised and evaluated the performance of assigned personnel.
Equipment Used: Office Equipment
Working/Environmental Conditions / Mental Demands/Physical Demands:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment that does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unpleasant elements. Ability to carry and/or lift less than 15 pounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively, interpret policy, and procedures
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Frequent district-wide travel, occasional prolonged and irregular hours. Attend meetings in the early morning hours or late at night as required to conduct the business of the district. May require weekend work on occasion.
- Work requires considerable time and effort commitment in support of functions of the Superintendent’s office
PERFORMANCE EVALUATION: Job performance is evaluated according to policy provisions and contractual agreements adopted by The Rhodes School.
The Rhodes School is an equal opportunity employer. This job description identifies general responsibilities and is not intended to be a complete list of all duties performed. This document is subject to change in response to student demographics, staffing factors, funding variables, modified operating procedures, program/curriculum changes, and unforeseen events.
The Rhodes School
EducationView all jobs at The Rhodes School