General Manager of Food and Beverage
The Restaurant Zone West Yellowstone, MT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
YEAR ROUND POSITION. FREE HOUSING.
If you love the outdoors and you have a passion creating memorable guest experiences through food & beverage operations, keep reading!
Fresh air, nature, and amazing accommodations! This is a unique opportunity to work outdoors in food & beverage, near some of the country’s most popular national parks. As General Manager of Food & Beverage, you partner closely with the property GMs & AGMs and Corporate Food & Beverage team to ensure the onsite food & beverage operations deliver quality dining experiences while modeling the company standards of service. This is a critical role of the property operation, influencing both team member and guest experiences while building a sense of pride among team members and guests that leads to sustainable financial results. The General Manager of Food & Beverage serves as an expert in multi-outlet management, profitability, culinary standards, food safety, guest service, and all other operational processes. You collaborate daily with team members from front of the house, heart of the house, and all other camp departments. You create a sense of belonging and address employee concerns in a timely manner. You manage hiring, training and developing a strong team to set the pace for the operations of the department to deliver on company goals. You establish and communicate goals and expectations, measure performance, and hold the team accountable. You serve as a “cross functional” team member, jumping in where support is needed in the kitchen, front of house, and other camp departments. You step in to assist guests and team members to resolve issues and maintain a positive employee and guest experience.
HOW YOU WILL SUCCEED
• Create a guest-centric culture: Set the standards and model the behaviors for delivering a culture of excellence that creates a positive environment for everyone, leading to positive guest feedback.
• Establish efficient processes: Identify consistent, streamlined processes and procedures to ensure SOP compliance, food safety, drive and meet financial goals, deliver on culinary standards, and focus on guest experience
• Collaborate and Communicate: Partner with team members to establish alignment on the execution of service, food safety, and all operational standards
• Manage and Develop: Lead food & beverage team members. Spend time meeting and coaching team members to assist them in their leadership growth in order to develop strong future leaders.
• Take Ownership: Spearhead projects and deliver timely and professional results on tasks delegated by the Area Manager or Corporate.
WHAT IT TAKES
• High school diploma or equivalent and min. 3 years of full-service Food & Beverage Management experience in a fast-paced, results-driven, multi-unit environment, preferably in hotels or hospitality
• Previous culinary experience
• Knowledge of federal food safety standards and current Food Safety Manager certification
• Ability to stand for long periods of time to oversee service periods, on your feet outdoors, including during heat and cold
• Track record of managing profitability through proper staffing, effective control of food, beverage, and labor costs and achieving budgeted targets
• Goal-oriented, results-driven, strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to consistently interact with a friendly, enthusiastic, positive attitude
• Willingness to hop in any role to support the operation from working the line to processing guest transactions
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgement, follow direction, and take decisive, appropriate action
• Willingness to learn and embrace company policies, practices and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures
• Must have strong organizational skills to execute and prioritize multiple tasks
• Strong influencing skills and ability to inspire teams
WHY UNDER CANVAS
Free Housing | Competitive Pay | Beautiful Locations | Great Culture | Training
The Restaurant ZoneWhy Work Here?
Career Growth + Incredible Culture + Benefits!
RestaurantZone is one of the fastest growing national recruiting agencies in the hospitality/restaurant space. We are a research based retained recruitment agency & hybrid tech company that focuses on key roles for restaurants and hospitality. RestaurantZone has been featured in National Restaurant News and Total Foods Service Magazine and has worked with reputable brands like Red Lobster, Vapiano's, Chick-fil-a, Sbarro’s, McDonalds, Domino's, Cracker Barrel, Google, and Facebook. We are the cutting edge of recruiting with tech savvy recruiters with over 100+ collective years of experience working on the team. We have hundreds of jobs to fill and growing! Our recruiters work the entire country and focus on all major locations including Los Angeles, San Diego, New York City, Chicago, Miami, Atlanta, Washington DC, Houston, Las Vegas, Denver, Hawaii, and more!
AddressWest Yellowstone, MT