Position Title: Pediatric Physical Therapist
Department/Team: Early Intervention
Reports To: Early Intervention Team Lead
__X__ Exempt _____ Non exempt
The Resource Exchange
Provide early intervention services utilizing physical therapy expertise and family and community centered practices to ensure families have options in fostering the early development of their child. Work in mobile community centered environment using electronic and web based documents and record keeping.
1. Provide assessment of motor and assistive technology/adaptive equipment needs when requested by the IFSP team.
2. Complete on-going assessment according to system policy.
1. Provide evidence-based interventions based on the Individualized Family Support Plan (IFSP).
2. Utilize intervention strategies that build on the routines of the child and family and may occur in multiple natural environments.
3. Utilize early childhood best practices that look at the whole child not just individual modalities.
4. Serve as primary provider for assigned children. Utilize team-based consultations from other team members.
1. Provide consultation in team meeting and 1:1 when requested by Transdisciplinary Team.
2. Partner with parents and professionals to write and implement formal and informal plans.
3. Participate in periodic and annual IFSP reviews of assigned children.
4. Work together with team and family to ensure a smooth transition from Part C to Part B or other community settings.
IV. Parent Support
1. Empower parents to carry on learning in natural environments.
2. Foster leadership and positive regard for families.
3. Respond to cultural and linguistic diversity in families.
4. Adhere to procedural safeguards under Part C of Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
1. Completes and documents targeted case management (TCM) activities according to CMS and DDD rules, as appropriate.
2. Complete all appropriate paperwork related to the provision of physical therapy services for all assigned cases in a timely manner.
3. Maintain personal professional continuing education.
4. Attend meetings, public awareness activities, and community events related to the provision of early intervention services.
5. Perform driving responsibilities as related to the job.
6.A working (personal) vehicle, valid CO driver's license (unless active Military family), and minimum insurance levels ($100,000/$300,000/$100,000 liability coverage)
7. Provide mentoring to contracted Physical Therapists and Assistants, Occupational Therapists & Assistants and Early Intervention Specialists.
8. Assist in the development of continuing education to staff and contracted service providers.
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Participate in professional opportunities (committees, workshops, conferences, journal readings) based on personal professional development plan.
Supervisory Duties: Not Applicable
Minimum: Three years' experience working with young children with disabilities or delays.
Preferred: Five - seven years working with young children in a transdisciplinary team model.
Minimum: BA in Physical Therapy and
Colorado licensure as a Physical Therapist. Knowledge of Part C of IDEA, natural environments and daily routines, evaluation techniques and tools as pertaining to early childhood. Ability to work independently and communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Ability to facilitate group meetings. Knowledge of community resources and supports available to families. Experience working with young children with special needs, including infants and toddlers, and their families. Intermediate level of computer application and mobile technology expertise.
Preferred: MA. Experience with specialized motor interventions for infants and toddlers. Experience in the assessment of need and implementation of adaptive equipment and assistive technology for infants and toddlers.
Material and Equipment Directly Used: Computers, Printers, Tablets, Cell Phone, Copy and Fax Machines, Personal Vehicle with liability insurance at 100/300/100 or combined 300 coverage level.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job. Therefore, The Resource Exchange reserves the right to amend and/or modify this job description at any time. The Resource Exchange also reserves the right to stipulate hours of employment; work schedules may be changed to respond to business requirements.