The purpose of the Spa Front Desk Receptionist position is to provide guests with a positive first and last impression as both greeters of new guests and well-wishers to departing ones. See below for more details and to apply for the position. This is a great opportunity to be a part of an organization that believes our team members are our most important resource and therefore take great pride in selecting individuals that help us to achieve our clubs mission.
• Welcome Guests, register them in the computer system, guide them to the Spa Locker-room Attendant and answer questions about the services, costs, spa retail shop, activities at the Resort, it's Restaurants and Amenities (Spa, Fitness, Golf, Tennis, Marina, Restaurants), the surrounding area, and finally to check them out upon departure.
• Handle greeting each Guest upon arrival, checking them in and out, and assisting them to immediately solve any encountered challenges in a way that exceeds their expectations.
• Upon checkout, explain all charges on a Guest's bill.
• Maintains constant communication with the team and ensures everyone is on the same page.
• As each day begins, goes through arrival list and ensures to greet Guests/Members by last name.
• On a daily basis, ensures all charges have been processed and that there are no outstanding charges.
• Maintains all essential Front Desk equipment and supplies, keep area tidy
• Up-selling of Retail Shop items, Spa Services, our Restaurants, Fitness Center and other areas of the Resort/Club.
• Act as liaison between Spa Guests and Therapist to ensure a pleasant Spa experience.
• Maintains consistency of processes.
• Arranges transportation as necessary.
• Other reasonable duties as assigned.
• Must be friendly and outgoing and possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be a good listener and be able to respond to Guest/Member inquiries with "It would be my pleasure to help" or "I will look into this for you right away"!
• Must be resourceful, take ownership of problems and issues that arise and have excellent problem-solving skills.
• Prior Customer Service and Hospitality experience (required).
• Organizational skills.
• Proficient with MS Office and Outlook with competent general computer skills.
• Open availability to accommodate busy season schedule.
• Thorough follow-through and follow-up skills a must!
The Resort at Longboat Key Club is a drug-free workplace. Drug testing will be conducted as part of the pre-placement examination. The company also conducts post-offer employment verifications, motor vehicle, and criminal background checks. All offers of employment are subject to satisfactorily completing the checks outlined above. The Resort at Longboat Key Club is also an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.