Operational Excellence Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Direct Hire Manager, Operational Excellence & Projects
Central Connecticut direct hire opening for a Manager, Operational Excellence & Projects to drive operational excellence activities to become best in class for safety, quality, and delivery while reducing waste and maximizing process performance within our operations and manufacturing functions. This will be accomplished by working in close collaboration with functional leaders across the organization to identify, prioritize and implement initiatives to improve productivity, quality, customer service and/or reducing costs and complexity for our operations. The Manager of OPEX & Projects will lead teams to embrace new practices, encourage all to lead with a process-thinking mindset and promote best practice sharing across facilities. These best practices will be implemented in a way that empowers employees and creates a high level of personal accountability. In addition, the Manager, OPEX and Projects will lead project teams and support of senior project personnel to assist in the delivery of critical division projects including new product development and introduction (NPI) and sustaining efforts. This includes active leadership and/or participation from project launch through the project’s completion by planning, leveraging company resources, establishing a financial assessment, and aiding in maintaining project documentation. Reports to Sr Manager, Operational Excellence.
- Responsible for VAVE (Value Analysis, Value Engineering) development and implementation to drive efficiencies, cost reductions, and quality improvements through redesign.
- Create and implement strategies to drive efficiency and increase performance through standardization.
- Leads process improvement initiatives through the disciplined use of measurements, accountability, analysis, and discussion of process alternatives.
- Collaborates with management to provide strong leadership through strategic training, coaching, project management and effective facilitation of transformation process and events.
- Facilitate and lead kaizen events targeting project planning, process improvements, problem solving, and continuous improvement.
- Aide in project management and execution with methodologies like Visual Project Management (VPM).
- Brings expertise or identifies subject matter experts in support of multi-functional efforts in process improvement, data capture and analysis, infrastructure support, tool ownership and compliance with procedures, etc.
- Plans, manages, and controls the activities of a team that provides operational support to company businesses.
- Develop system to share best practices identified.
- Utilize strong written and verbal communication skills with a technical and business mindset to prepare project documents and ensure compliance and scheduling.
- Clearly communicate project progress through dashboards and executive summaries.
- Support the running of project team meetings, record action plans, and task owners.
- Assist in running project risk sessions and record the results in Risk Registers with appropriate follow-up and issue resolution plans.
- 3+ years of demonstrated project management skills; 5+ years of industry experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred; Certifications in Lean and/or Six Sigma preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and presentation ability
- Possess a cooperative and team focused attitude
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated data and fact-based problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate within designated time, budget and resource parameters while mitigating risk
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent influencing skills
- Willingness and ability to travel 20% of the time domestically/internationally
- Generous benefits and compensation package to be discussed during the interview.
If you are interested in this role, please apply and we will contact you to set up a brief, in-depth discussion.
Since 1984, The Reserves Network continues to partner with the finest employees to provide opportunities within the office, industrial, professional, and technical markets. As a family- and veteran-founded company, we focus on candidate experience and workplace culture for the nearly 20,000 employees we place annually.
The Reserves NetworkWhy Work Here?
At The Reserves Network, we believe you deserve to be treated with professionalism and respect.
The Reserves Network is a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1984, we have been bringing employers and job seekers together in a variety of industries and positions. As an equal opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today or you can download our mobile app to receive and accept real-time job notifications.