Diesel Mechanic 1st shift
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client in University Park, IL is seeking an *EXPERIENCED Diesel Mechanic to perform diesel engine, gas engine, and transmission overhauls. Heavy indebt repairs to engine, transmissions, cab and chassis. Performing various tasks from pre- testing, diagnostic, disassembly, servicing and repairing, reassembling and final testing of a MOD Mobile Welder and its’ auxiliary pieces of equipment (flash butt welder, puller, grinders) to meet the objectives of the Annual Preventative Maintenance program. Work to improve overall productivity, quality and reliability of the operating equipment and the program. This position requires a detailed updated 2022 resume reflecting professional relevant experience to the position listed above to be considered for this great opportunity.
- Use of mechanical and hydraulic skill sets to perform general maintenance and repairs to the hydraulic and mechanical systems of the MOD mobile welder following PM program directives.
- Disassembly, servicing, and reassembly of machinery components back to functional operating condition meeting existing standards.
- Using a variety of hand and power tools and testing equipment to service the MOD mobile welder and auxiliary pieces of equipment.
- Follow program directives to perform mechanical testing on various components of the mobile welder and auxiliary pieces of equipment.
- Use of welding and metal cutting skills to repair and restore worn or damaged components to standard service condition.
- Follow program directives to perform hydraulic flow and bypass testing on various components on the mobile welder and auxiliary pieces of equipment.
- Adjusting and setting various hydraulic valves and pump controls to meet Holland specifications.
Shift- 1st 5am to 1:30pm
· Must have High School diploma or equivalent.
· College or tech school certificate in diesel and gas engines.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience working on or performing maintenance and or repairs on various heavy industrial hydraulic and mechanical operated equipment.
· Experience with reading and using mechanical drawings, schematics, blueprints, or BOM’s (bills of materials) to determine actions required for repairs of equipment.
· Ability to use basic hand and power tools.
· Ability to repair broken bolts and damaged threaded holes (use of drills, extractors and thread tapping).
· Basic welding skills such as mig, tig, or stick
· Ability to use gas oxygen torch and plasma cutter for cutting and repairing of basic steel structures.
· Knowledge in working with hydraulic valves, cylinders, hosing and filtration in the maintenance or repair of equipment.
· Have good oral and written communication skills.
· Basic math and computer skills.
· Achieve and maintain Forklift driver certificate.
· Ability to travel as needed
Since 1984, The Reserves Network continues to partner with the finest employees to provide opportunities within the office, industrial, professional, and technical markets. As a family- and veteran-founded company, we focus on candidate experience and workplace culture for the nearly 20,000 employees we place annually.
The Reserves NetworkWhy Work Here?
At The Reserves Network, we believe you deserve to be treated with professionalism and respect.
The Reserves Network is a family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1984, we have been bringing employers and job seekers together in a variety of industries and positions. As an equal opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster an environment of respect, integrity and trust in every aspect of employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply today or you can download our mobile app to receive and accept real-time job notifications.