The Reserves Network Inc
- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 to $17 Hourly
Our client is family owned and operated for FOUR generations and has been in our local community since 1947. Due to growth, they would love for you to join the family. General Labor and Machine Operator positions available.
Must be able to:
- Detect when products do not meet quality standards and machinery does not meet operational standards.
- Communicate production emergencies.
- Operate machinery.
- Make adjustments and minor repairs on machinery.
- Possess sufficient numerical skills to use a tape measure, choose mold sizes, adjust machinery and calculate production reports.
- Demonstrate knowledge of hydraulics, electricity and tools.
- Use math skills to read gauges, calculate batching mixtures, and adjust the weights needed for batching.
- Learn the parts and basic assembly of a mold. Know when faulty mold parts are affecting product quality.
- Know concrete product sizes well.
- Differentiate between the different mixes used in the manufacturing process.
- Understand the sequential operation of the batching equipment.
- Able to cooperate with others and manage direct personal.
- Exercise high levels of responsibility and task orientation.
- Understand and follow directions in English as required by safety and job performance standards.
- Understand and consistently follow procedures.
- 5 years manufacturing equipment operation experience.
- Legible document reports of production.
Minimum Physical Requirements
- Lift concrete products, machine parts and other objects weighing up to 75 pounds, at heights from floor level to 4 feet high.
- Provide assistance to others in moving heavier or bulky objects. (2 man lift for objects over 75 pounds)
- Have flexibility enough to work in tight places.
Basic Job Purpose
Under the direct supervision of the Production Manager, the Machine Operator operates the Pipe Machine, batching equipment, and associated equipment to produce quality concrete products from the raw material stage to the Yard stage, following established policies and procedures. The Machine Operator also is responsible for managing Production Employee safety, speed, and effectiveness during the production process and reports any issues to the Production or Site manager.
Essential Functions or Duties
- Operate Pipe machine and associated equipment efficiently to produce concrete products according to prescribed quality standards and production schedule.
- Operate the mixer and associated batching equipment to produce mixes for insertion into the Pipe machine, according to prescribed standards and production schedules.
- Inspect quality of mixes for particular concrete properties according to prescribed standards, such as moisture, consistency and weights of different aggregates.
- Inspect quality of products according to prescribed standards such as, height, shape and thickness. Adjust machinery and related processes as required to meet quality standards.
- Monitor the operation of the Pipe machine, mixer and other nearby equipment to detect and report malfunctions.
- Adjust, maintain, and perform minor repairs and report malfunctions of all batching equipment, such as aggregate bins, moisture controls, cement silos, conveyors, and mixer.
- Maintain, adjust, and perform minor repairs on the Pipe machine and associated equipment.
Additional Functions or Duties
- Maintain work area in orderly and hazard free condition.
- Change molds as required with assistance of other production personnel.
- Perform other functions and duties as required or directed, such as starting up and shutting down the Pipe machine, keeping written records of production, relieving other personnel for breaks, communicating changes in products, making sure the mixer is cleaned as required, assisting with major equipment maintenance and repairs, assisting the Production Manager with coordinating all production operations of the Pipe machine and assisting with training of employees.
- Operate forklift and front end loader.
Normal Break-In Requirements
- A “Machine Watcher”, who can operate the machine during lunch breaks, must learn all the basic tasks of machine operation within one month of observation and supervised training.
- A “Machine Operator”, must know all basic tasks well enough within 6 months to no longer need supervised training.
- An “Experienced Machine Operator”, must be able to perform all tasks well enough within 1-2 years to no longer need supervised training.
What’s in it for you?
- Multiple Healthcare Plans
- Accident, Disability, Life
- Direct Deposit/Pay Cards
- $16-$17 per hour starting rate of pay
Since 1984, The Reserves Network continues to partner with the finest employers to provide opportunities within the office, industrial, professional and technical markets. As a family- and veteran-founded company, we focus on candidate experience and workplace culture for the nearly 20,000 employees we place annually.
The Reserves Network has launched a new mobile app, ReserveAJob, that makes it easier for you to receive and accept real-time job notifications, as well as track work schedules right from your mobile phone! For more information and ways to download the app click here.
If you would like additional information, call (336) 455-9558 or email Greensboro@trnstaffing.com
The Reserves Network Inc
ManufacturingView all jobs at The Reserves Network Inc