The Refrigeration School offers vocational training in Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration (HVAC/R), and Welding. These industries need a skilled workforce and are not going away. Most of our hands-on programs take less than a year to complete to get students in the field faster.
Integrity, Communication, Accountability, Respect, Excellence (“I CARE”)
We are located close to the Sky Harbor Airport.
We are currently seeking a Solar Instructor.
Facilitates student learning to achieve program and course objectives. Organizes all aspects of the classroom function to include demonstration material, cleanliness, safety, and lecture. Administers lessons according to pre-developed lesson plan. Leads students through practical application of lessons taught.
Job Type: Full Time
· Motivate students by demonstrating professionalism, enthusiasm, sensitivity for their concerns. Actively involve them in classroom discussions and/or activities. Identify different student learning styles and adjust accordingly.
· Maintains accurate record keeping as it applies to student attendance and grades.
· Creates and maintains a safe environment at all times.
· Manages tools assigned to the classroom.
· Issues, inspects, repairs, and teaches proper handling of tools.
· Communicate, support and enforce school policies and procedures; advise students accordingly. Advise students on attendance, grades and discipline issues as necessary.
· Ensures an ethical and fair testing environment during periods of testing.
· Responsible to maintain classroom equipment through evaluation, inspection, parts ordering, and repair.
· Constantly evaluates curriculum to ensure relevance.
· Maintains a working field knowledge through continuing education.
· Conforms to prescribed methods of record keeping as directed by supervisory staff.
· Communicates promptly regarding supplies, tools or other essentials for students in the classroom.
· Demonstrates continuing professional development of technical expertise and as an instructor.
· Other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED.
A minimum of three years of Solar field experience. Five years’ experience preferred. Demonstrated leadership skills.
Ability to work individually and within a group
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Excellent written and communication skills
Computer proficiency using Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, and Outlook) required
Why should you apply?
Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision
401(k) employer match
2 weeks PTO- 1st yr.
**Candidates must be able to successfully pass a criminal history check and drug test.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Interested? Apply now!